I got my S5 a few months ago after my S4 broke ((short irrelevant story: dumbest way possible also- I don't even know how it broke, I sat it down in my jacket and picked it up and the inside screen was broken, no scratches on the surface though-- no one stepped on it because it was by me the whole time and i was alone in the dr's office, and it had one of those glass protectors on it, but I think my keys in my jacket pocket somehow got pushed onto the screen or something, that's the only logical thing i can think of, even though i sat it down gentle and pretty normal)) -------------------------ANYWAYS my S5 camera lags really bad, also when you are on the camera and click the gallery, it takes forever to load or doesn't load at all. - Randomly my wallpaper will go back to the original default - Sometimes while on an app it will just shut down (but that might be the apps fault, however sometimes the report/wait/stop notification won't pop up, - A while ago I had a problem with my messaging, some texts didn't get received/sent & my wifi was not connecting even though I was within reach of the router, but those two problems mainly got fixed by the Verizon fixing the messaging problem online. But they said that I may have gotten a faulty phone and to send it in and I could get a replacement. My phone was also made in China, I don't know if that has anything to do with it though lol.

This week I have just recently downloaded Cocoppa, GO Launcher, GO Locker, and ChompSMS. 20 minutes ago my phone started freezing every minute and I can only pull down the notification bar, so I have to remove the battery to restart, and a couple seconds later it freezes again. (I'm probably about to uninstall GO Locker)
    I've had Cocoppa and ChompSMS before, and I don't know how much they could slow down the phone if much at all, but I am kinda new to the two GO apps and I don't know how much they could make the phone lag. I was thinking about factory resetting my S5 and seeing if it could fix the problems.

ALSOO this is random but Bing would come up as my search engine on Chrome, even though I went through all the settings and Google was set for the home page and search engine? I don't know if anything I have installed could have made it do that.

**this is the first thing I've ever posted I'm sorry if its too much to read it looks pretty long haha**
    05-05-2015 03:57 AM
    Hey there,
    First you should look if there's an OS update available. After that wipe the cache partition.
    The factory reset is your last resort.

Posted via Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F.
    05-05-2015 05:19 AM
    Nabil Azarou is right, do a cache partition wipe, to begin with. See #1.3 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide for how to do this.

Failing that, try running your phone in Safe Mode, #1.4, to determine whether it is the firmware or your apps and settings that are causing the issue.

If you must do a Factory Data Reset, then make sure you have backed everything up and that you do a Full Wipe, as per post #2 of the guide.
    Nabil Azarou likes this.
    05-05-2015 06:26 AM