I'm not gonna lie, I threw my phone on the ground kind of hard earlier today. It landed on carpet. There was do exterior damage whatsoever. Anyways, about an hour ago I noticed charging issues that I've never had before. I have 2 Galaxy S4 chargers, and 1 S5 Charger, all 3 chargers don't work when plugged into the wall. The phone dies, but then charges while its off. It will charge for a few seconds, then it will stop for a few seconds and it repeats this process. Now, I took the S5 USB and plugged it into the charging port and my PC. It charges fine off of the PC, but it is extremely slow. So I am just wondering was it the fact that I threw my phone the most probable reason why I'm having these charging issues. What could be solutions to this problem?

Thanks
    05-08-2015 11:08 PM
    I think there's a good chance that you damaged the phone. Whatever the cause of the problem, it's going to need expert diagnosis.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-09-2015 02:35 AM
    There is a design problem in the charging port.

I've had my S5 for nearly a year and it always is charged on my desk. Few months ago the dust cover broke off but apart from my pocket I take pretty good care of it. Last week I noticed the charging was really slow and it told me to use the Samsung Charger which I do use. My car charger reported the same.

I took it into the Verizon Office near my work, and the guy went to work on it with a toothbrush and compressed air. He also gave me a new charging cable which he assured me would work. This was good for a couple of days when it stopped again so I took it in to the V office near my home. The guy did the same and it started charging again. He told me that dust in the charging socket was the problem. I asked about the dust cover which had broke off and he told me that that invalidated the warranty, so they have a weak design that fails and when it fails it invalidates the warranty!!!
    05-18-2015 08:50 PM
    The Person who told you that is terrible. If you Go to our Samsung Warranty Centers which are normally in all major cities. Replacing the Dust cover is simple and they'll do it for free. They can also run DIAG on your Device to see what issue is. If you need help finding one the Samsung Experience Consultants we have in all BestBuy stores can give you location of nearest warranty site. Tell them Julio sent ya. 😊

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-18-2015 11:13 PM
    I would say the USB port is damaged/loose. That would explain why it charges ok in one instance, and not the next.
    05-18-2015 11:31 PM