Settings >storage>miscellaneous files> vault. I am trying to free up system memory space so I can install the system update on my Samsung Galaxy S5. Over 10gb are devoted to the vault. I have an SD card that I keep most apps and media too. I have nothing else to delete or turn off.
    05-09-2015 05:41 AM
    I have the same problem 60%+ is misc files and I want to move them to my SD card but I can't find anything on what the vault actually contains and how to move it's contents.
    06-11-2015 12:19 AM
    Ok so I came across this problem recently too. It seems Vault is a folder of files that have been downloaded throughout the use of your phone. I wouldn't delete the whole thing until you know what's in there. That being said, there is a solution!!!

(Note: I have a Samsung S5 so this may be slightly different for others.)
    Go to Apps --> My Files
    Under Device Storage, your phone's folders are listed. Find Vault. You can then open the folder and view what exactly is taking up space, and delete whatever you think is not necessary. I wouldn't delete any app related files if you're not sure; my folder was full of stupid downloaded pictures from websites I had visited, which all got deleted.
    Alternatives: my phone offers a Search option when I open My Files, so I just searched for "Vault" and was lead directly to it. Also, if you really can't figure it out on the phone, another option would be to connect your phone to you computer and use Windows Explorer to search for Vault and delete any unnecessary files.

Hope this helped!
    06-24-2016 11:41 AM