Can I get some help getting my data off of my crushed S5?

nascarguy67

May 11, 2015
Visit site
S5 got crushed

My galaxy s5 was crushed this weekend. the screen is shattered. I can still hear when I get a text, email, facebook, etc. But when I try to hook it up to the computer the get stuff off it it doesnt show on my laptop. I hear the tone like it hooks up but it does show on my laptop. Can anyone assist me? I would really like to get some files and things.

ssn09430

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: S5 got crushed

I'm sorry to inform you that it is not possible to access or back up your phone data in this condition.(Because to make the phone recognized by the computer you need to enable MTP mode on the phone which is impossible as the screen doesn't respond.)

Contact any local store for the LCD replacement without data loss. They will help you with this.
Note: Your 12 month warranty frpm Samsung will get void, if you contact local stores.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

It might be possible to get to the files. If you can still "get" text messages and hear the notifications, that could be a good thing. You don't necessarily "have" to enable MTP if you haven't modified the USB settings in the first place. Download and install Kies3 on your computer. Once it installs (not before), plug in your phone using the USB3 cable that came with your phone. You should see "installing drivers" on your PC. Wait for everything to finish installing, then open Kies and see if it will connect to your phone. If so, use the file explorer within Kies to get to what you want to copy and have at it.

Good luck! Please report back here and let us know how you made out.

ygenyk24

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

On Andriod phones, you can use a USB mouse with a USC OTG cable. As long as you can click the power button to turn on the screen and you can see the homepage, the mouse can be used to directly open the homepage and transfer files from your phone to your laptop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara