I have recently upgraded to a Galaxy S5 from my old S3. I currently have a part time job delivering pizzas, so I find myself listening to music in my car quite frequently. Upon upgrading to the S5, I have experienced really sub-standard audio quality via Bluetooth. The Lows are slightly muddy (not too much of an issue) but the Highs are quite tinny and sound like the speakers are crackling/popping. I'm somewhat of an audiophile and this is so bad that I refuse to listen to Bluetooth in my car.

Now, for the troubleshooting I have done this far:

Pandora is set to High Quality
    This issue persists over EVERY music app
    This issue persists on home Bluetooth speakers as well as in my car
    I do not experience this issue (whether in my car or using home speakers) with my GS3 or Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
    The issue is not present when I use an AUX-IN cable

I have not found any good info online and have been searching for a few days now.
    I feel like I have been through every last settings menu but have found nothing that helps. I'd love to be able to use Bluetooth so that I can skip songs with my head unit and see track information while driving. Also, Bluetooth had sounded much better than AUX on my devices in the past, so I'd love to have that clarity back!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm at a loss here!
    05-11-2015 10:04 AM
    I have recently upgraded to a Galaxy S5 from my old S3. I currently have a part time job delivering pizzas, so I find myself listening to music in my car quite frequently. Upon upgrading to the S5, I have experienced really sub-standard audio quality via Bluetooth. The Lows are slightly muddy (not too much of an issue) but the Highs are quite tinny and sound like the speakers are crackling/popping. I'm somewhat of an audiophile and this is so bad that I refuse to listen to Bluetooth in my car.

Now, for the troubleshooting I have done this far:

Pandora is set to High Quality
    This issue persists over EVERY music app
    This issue persists on home Bluetooth speakers as well as in my car
    I do not experience this issue (whether in my car or using home speakers) with my GS3 or Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
    The issue is not present when I use an AUX-IN cable

I have not found any good info online and have been searching for a few days now.
    I feel like I have been through every last settings menu but have found nothing that helps. I'd love to be able to use Bluetooth so that I can skip songs with my head unit and see track information while driving. Also, Bluetooth had sounded much better than AUX on my devices in the past, so I'd love to have that clarity back!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm at a loss here!
    carrier?
    05-11-2015 10:56 AM
    Verizon is my carrier but the issue also persists through WiFi
    05-11-2015 04:00 PM
    I have the same exact issues and would love a fix as the sound quality is so poor it's not enjoyable to listen to. Sprint is my carrier.
    05-19-2015 10:29 AM