Apps Randomly Opening

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I have an issue with my S5 I wanted to throw out there to people who know far more about this stuff than me.

I updated from KitKat to Lollipop 5 days ago. After reading some of the horror stories associated with Lollipop and battery life, lag, phone performance, etc., I didn't waste any time before doing a full factory data reset. I am pretty sure the FDR worked, since I have had absolutely no problems with battery life, lag, or my phone running hot.

However, I have this weird issue where apps will randomly start on their own. Two examples, the first is that I opened my recent apps and noticed a whole bunch of apps in there that I had 100% most certainly not opened at any time since clearing my recent apps. The second example occurred this morning. I did a 10 minute walk to work and when I got to my office, I noticed that Rocket Music Player had opened and was playing my music. I highly doubt this happened due to any physical touch because not only would the power or home button have had to be pushed, but then the screen would have had to be swiped, the Rocket Player opened, and a song clicked on to start playing. I highly doubt this all occurred in my pocket.

Anyone know what may be happening and how I can fix it?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I would say 4-5 apps. It's happened maybe 3-4 times in the past 5 days since downloading Lollipop. The only other thing I can think of is that I use Nova Launcher. I have my "one finger up" gesture set to turn off the screen. I suppose it's possible that when using that gesture, I am opening apps, but it just seems odd that this never happened on any of my other Android devices or on KitKat with the S5. That's why I am thinking the Nova gesture is not the problem.

Strommer

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing. At first I thought it was unlocking itself in my pocket, but I think note that it is just opening apps on its own.

Posted via the Android Central App

technoBoy1

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I think this is happening because of apps auto updating, it may be like this that whenever an app is updated from app store, it opens automatically so try to disable the apps auto updating option in playstore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair