Video recorded on my S5 will not play back on my S5

allykat_08

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
When trying to play back a video recorded on my phone, I get the error message "Unable to play video. File has incorrect data." I am trying to play it back with the stock video player. I have downloaded the MX player, and it will play back there, but not with the stock player. Any idea how to get it to play on the stock player? Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
When trying to play back a video recorded on my phone, I get the error message "Unable to play video. File has incorrect data." I am trying to play it back with the stock video player. I have downloaded the MX player, and it will play back there, but not with the stock player. Any idea how to get it to play on the stock player? Thanks!
That's interesting. Not sure why the video is not playing with the stock player if you used the stock camera to record the video. Was there any editing done after the video was taken? If so, then it could be a file format incompatibility.

allykat_08

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Nope, no editing. I have 2 video's recorded, the first was taken about a month ago. It would play back with the stock player until I recorded the second video mother's day weekend. Now both give me that error.

Kelly Reese1

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
you can edite the file format and re-size your video small format then he play

Why should I have to? Having the same issue here. Videos that I recorded with my phone suddenly can no longer be played on Thr phone with the standard default video player. The files are still ok and work with other players. It is really annoying

miz_vicious 79

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site

Mine pays videos for a random length of time but stops suddenly n then error message "sorry this video will not play"
Only been doing it since I factory reset my S5 n it's annoying AF