S5 Lollipop update fixed?

enjoisht

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I went to 5.0 and absolutely hated it, battery life sucked, phone was hot, very glitchy etc. etc. etc. So I followed the guys instructions on here to go back to 4.4.4 and it worked well but now this stupid phone keeps asking me to update every day and its getting annoying. I see on sammobile.com that there is now 2 versions of Lollipop 5.0 and my phone also says there is 2 updates available. Has anyone had a good experience with 5.0 Lollipop yet? I really want to get rid of this stupid notification.

Thank you

Galaxy s5 on Verizon FYI.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I updated to Lollipop. Immediately after updating, I did a full factory data reset. I have had no issues whatsoever with Lollipop. I think the important thing is you have to be prepared to do a FDR if you're going to update.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
yep if you're with Verizon try a cache clear first in recovery. If that doesn't work a factory data reset should take care of everything. I imagine their latest 5.0 update fixed all the problems or at least most of them that were plaguing the first 5.0 OTA...

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I updated to Lollipop. Immediately after updating, I did a full factory data reset. I have had no issues whatsoever with Lollipop. I think the important thing is you have to be prepared to do a FDR if you're going to update.

In #2.1 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide I stated...

"Over the course of this one update we will see circa 60 million phones updated. It only needs for, say, just 1 in a hundred to fail and you have 600,000 phones that will require a Factory Data Reset."

That was written well before the Version version of Lollipop was released. Their version, as we see from this and other forums, almost requires a Factory Data Reset as standard!!!

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I intentionally downgraded to 5.0 on day 1 and hated it for the same reasons you mentioned.

I week ago I accidentally downgraded to 5.0 when a notification popped up.

My second install works much better than the first. If the alarm clock issue was fixed I would stay. I need a mobile alarm clock and 5.0s implementation is unfrickinacceptable.

Make sure to leave some space open. 5.0 is a storage pig.

enjoisht

May 18, 2015
Visit site
ok thanks guys, really sucks I love 4.4.4 wish I could just leave it alone... This dang notification every morning just annoys me for some reason. I work a 9 to 8 job so battery life is my main concern. The first update I did a FDR and a Cache wipe with no luck. Hopefully this new update will help!

Ezra228

May 19, 2015
Visit site
After doing the second update everything seems to be working better now. The only issue I have is when streaming talk radio using their website on chrome. While streaming, if I go to Facebook, another app or text the streaming stops and I have to restart. So annoying!