Excessive battery drain

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Is it normal to lose 5% battery while upgrading three apps on WiFi? I think not! My s5 used to have good battery life on the latest verizon lollipop but I had to do a factory reset and since that battery life went to hell (that's the only explanation why it heats up so bad).

Anyone has any ideas what to do, please let me know. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
first thing to try is clearing your cache from recovery if that doesn't work you may have to do a factory data reset.
did you not get the latest Verizon 5.0 update ( After the first one) yet?

Power down your phone, now press & hold the power button, volume up & the home button until your phone boots into Recovery. Now use the volume rocker to select Wipe Cache. Hit the power button to make it happen - give it a sec to clear the cache. Now use the volume rocker to select Reboot System - hit the power button & run you phone for a bit. See if this helps*

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
After doing some reading online I decided to follow a suggestion and Delete Facebook app. And what do you know, it slowed battery depletion back to normal. The thing is, Facebook didn't show as a high usage app in Battery stats and according to some posts online this is because they hide it in the Android system usage....

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
After doing some reading online I decided to follow a suggestion and Delete Facebook app. And what do you know, it slowed battery depletion back to normal. The thing is, Facebook didn't show as a high usage app in Battery stats and according to some posts online this is because they hide it in the Android system usage....

Number 1. Facebook is a real battery drainer and, as you say, doesn't always show up as such but rather, as Android O.S.

Number 2 battery drainer is Spotify.

Number 3 is Instagram.

Number 4 is Path

Number 5 is Amazon shopping

Top Five Worst Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery And Performance: Facebook, Spotify, Instagram And More

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol