Do you have Bluetooth audio skipping/cut out issues? Simple yes or no is fine.

dmagikwand

May 18, 2015
Visit site
GS5 4.4.4 or 5.0 doesn't matter which ROM or which player, or if live streaming, sd card or internal storage.

Happens every 20-40 seconds on both music and audiobooks. This has been a hard to research issue I'm having and is more common with folks that have Galaxy Note 4's, but some GS5's and random GS6 and also few other companies. The only consistent workaround that we've found is keeping the screen on (dumb sounding, right?). You can download an app from the store that will keep your screen lit until you disable it (battery drainer of course) and this resolves the issue but is a far cry from an actual fix.

More info if you care:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4/477341-note-4-bluetooth-skipping-audio.html
and to Google:
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?can=2&start=0&num=100&q=&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Owner%20Summary%20Stars&groupby=&sort=&id=95294

Help would be appreciated but all I REALLY NEED TO KNOW is have you frequently experienced this problem or not, yes or no? Need to decide whether to keep working on it or trade in my otherwise perfect 5 for a refurb. I'll assume hardware and return if virtually nobody else with GS5 is getting the problem, but I don't want to give up my phone if the refurb has a high probability of doing the same thing.
Thanks!

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
This is the first time I've heard of this issue on the GS5. Hopefully you find a fix...I'll keep an eye out and post back if there's any information which may help.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Usually right at the beginning of a song. It's regardless of what player I'm using.

Posted via the Android Central App

jonheld

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I get rare occasional dropouts. During a 5 hour trip I'll get 2 or 3, but that could be attributed to RF interference. Nothing like what you're talking about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech