Email app - Can't type in body of email anymore, how can I fix this?

A

AC Question

Email app - Can't type in body of email anymore

Using a Samsung Galaxy S5 on Rogers, Lollipop.
Started with the cursor jumping around randomly when I would type an email. Read a fix to turn off predictive text so I have to do that now just to use the email app.
Now, I can't even type in the body of an email.
If I create a new email, it prompts for the recipient, which I enter fine. Then it lets me select the subject field but it will not go into the body of the email when I touch it to begin typing my email. I've tried changing keyboards, minimizing the keyboard - nothing.
This happens about 95% of the time. Occasionally, and I mean very rarely, it will work and actually go to the body to allow me to type.
If I reply to an email that seems to be ok. The problem only exists when typing a new email.

Very frustrated!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Email app - Can't type in body of email anymore

Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the stock Samsung keyboard? Some 3rd party keyboards might have problems--on my wife's HTC One M8, Fleksy messes up in the stock Email app if autocorrect is turned on.

Try going to the App Manager, select Email, and Clear Cache If that doesn't work, try wiping the system cache partition: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae