Verizon's Lollipop Latest Build Number?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine ends in OC4. I read about all these awesome Lollipop updates but Verizon is telling me I have the latest. Lolliflop was installed on the 10th of this month.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Mine ends in OC4. I read about all these awesome Lollipop updates but Verizon is telling me I have the latest. Lolliflop was installed on the 10th of this month.

OC4 is the latest release from Verizon and is still on the lowest and oldest changelist version of Lollipop that there is worldwide. See post #1 of Lollipop release. Massive update!!!

See, also, #1.6 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide for more information on carrier, hybrid, minority variant models.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
That was the thread I was reading. Just hoped there had been some updates since mid April.
Thanks

Ha! Ha! Ha! The update you received in April was not a firmware update. All Verizon did, was to patch the same old original build that they first released. That is why the AT&T OC4 release is on a much higher changelist, with features and enhancements, than the Verizon OC4.

As per the 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

"#1.6. Hybrid carrier firmware released models

These models are hybrid, carrier customised, minority variants. Whilst Samsung supply the handsets and the basic TouchWiz firmware details, these carriers then set about heavily adapting that stock firmware with more apps, (20+), to elicit extra revenue as well as numerous Android system modifications, (locked bootloaders and forced firmware updates for instance), to Samsung's original TouchWiz firmware. Also, unlike all the preceding models, these phones are not updated through Samsung but modified and released directly by the carriers themselves. Therefore, any firmware issues on these models, should be addressed directly to the carrier and not Samsung. Whilst the carriers receive all the, "bugfix", updates from Samsung as other models, it is up to these individual carriers whether to spend the not inconsiderable time, (around 2 months), and money on incorporating all their modifications and releasing them. Consequently, these tend to receive far fewer, "bugfix", updates than most other models. You will also see issues that are only relevant to these models and not applicable to all phones.

WARNING! If a poster on these models declares they are running a, "stock", app, it may only apply to that model and not to all Samsung TouchWiz firmwares generally.

U.S.A.

SM-G900A = AT&T

SM-G900V = Verizon"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22