Waterdamage

Jamie56

May 31, 2015
Visit site
i was using my s5 in the hot tub not under the water thought and it had a screen replacement done before and it was never sealed properly, anyways it must of got condensation in it, it was all right for the rest of the night no problems then in the morning i noticed purple in the top of the screen then through the day it got whorse and now it is totally black, does this mean i need a new lcd or does it need putting in rice the digitizer was working fine before.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
i was using my s5 in the hot tub not under the water thought and it had a screen replacement done before and it was never sealed properly, anyways it must of got condensation in it, it was all right for the rest of the night no problems then in the morning i noticed purple in the top of the screen then through the day it got whorse and now it is totally black, does this mean i need a new lcd or does it need putting in rice the digitizer was working fine before.

I would contact the people that did the repair and ask them what they are going to do to fix it.

With a water resistant device, which I had the S5, I wouldn't let anyone but Samsung do any repairs. That way, they are responsible for things like this.

Water damage just doesn't fix itself. If you end up with no problems later, you are just lucky. The phone needs to be check, there is no way for us to tell you what you need. Personally, I would be calling Samsung and sending it to them, if you plan to keep this device. This isn't just a regular device, it is water resistant and things need to be done right and the correct parts need to be used.

My two cents, YMMV

Last edited:

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Exactly as said above when it comes to a sealed device I would only let the manufacturer work on it. That way you make sure it's waterproof integrity is intact even if it does come at a higher cost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22