How do I open /storage/emulated/0/Visual VoiceMail/metadata on my Samsung S5?

A

AC Question

how do i open /storage/emulated/0/Visual VoiceMail/metadata samsung s5

I want to open metadata, .eml, and text files that look coded. Is there a way?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do i open /storage/emulated/0/Visual VoiceMail/metadata samsung s5

Open them in a text editor.

There's a difference between opening a file and being able to make sense of what's in it.

How do you open a French book? By lifting the right edge of the cover. That does you no good if you don't read French.

You have to learn the metadata format in order to make sense of what you're reading, when you're reading the metadata of a dle.

The format of an eml file (if it's a real eml file, not just some other file with an eml extension - programmers are free to name any file with any extension in Linux - even the Windows .bat, .com and .exe exceptions don't apply), so if you don't see at least some readable text in a file with an eml extension, I'd guess that it's not an eml file. You can try an eml file reader (google it - there are many), but there's no "you must store the text parts i plain text" rule in RFC 822.

As for a "text file that looks coded", you can open a Windows executable file in a text editor and it will look like a coded text file. Every value a byte can have, except 0, has an ASCII equivalent that can be printed (in one form or another). The fact that your text editor displays the value 65 in a byte as 'A' doesn't mean that the program using the file is interpreting it as an upper case A, it could just be the value 65, or it could be using each bit in the byte as a flag for something, and the byte as a whole has no meaning.

BuzzTech-PR

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Re: how do i open /storage/emulated/0/Visual VoiceMail/metadata samsung s5

Hi Rukbat,

is this something you can do if so do you need the phone of just the files and can you make them readable? ie put them into a PDF so we can see the full conversation and have it make sense?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech