Error transferring files from pc to phone, how can I fix it?

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Error transferring files from pc to phone

I have a bunch of pictures and videos that I'm trying to transfer to this S5 and it's just giving me errors whatever way I try. I've tried moving all of them from my pc to the phone through usb and it will transfer some of them and then just stop partially through like it's frozen. I've tried sending them straight to the microsd card in the phone, and also tried transferring them to the internal storage and both methods had the same result. Then I tried instead to compress all the files into a .rar and then transfer but that method hasn't worked either. The loading bar will appear as usual and when it gets almost completed it gives an error saying something along the lines of "cannot copy file because device has been disconnected or stopped responding". I used to be able to transfer files to this phone all the time until just yesterday so I don't have any idea what can be causing this problem. This is the same phone, and pc that I've been using for a while now, the only thing different is now there's a different sims card and microsd card in the phone, but I don't figure that has anything to do with the connection problem it seems to be having?
If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.

Anairena

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Error transferring files from pc to phone

Have you tried installing Samsung Link on the PC & S5? You will only need to have your S5 somewhere near the PC to transfer files,
https:// link. samsung. com/

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

If there's a problem with the microSD card, it could be causing a problem. See Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card. (If there's a "folder loop" on the card, you're trying to transfer an infinite amount of data, and it won't work.)

Worst case - copy each folder from the SD card to the computer, using a card reader. (If the problem comes up when you're transferring a folder, open the folder on both ends and transfer one file at a time. One file will cause the problem, and that's the bad one. DON'T delete it yet.) Once all the data on the card has been transferred to the computer, put the card back into the phone, start in recovery and format the card.

(Deleting a file that has its locations looped could result in deleting just about everything on the card.)

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site

I managed to find a way to get all of the files over, I did a few different things and one of them seemed to have helped I guess. I took the sd card out, I enabled USB debugging, and also restarted the pc and the phone as well. Moving the .rar file still didn't work, but transferring over the whole folder of pictures/video worked after all that. It didn't hang and freeze anymore for whatever reason.
Thanks for the replies though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair