Sprint GS5 - Can't Accept Incoming Calls

Soupers

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Lately my S5 will not accept incoming calls. If someone calls me (particularly from a cell phone number) and I answer, it 'Accepts' the call but immediately ends the call. Meaning, it goes from the slide to unlock and then go the call screen but the call ends right away.
If I call from my house phone, a VoIP landline, my S5 will allow that call with no issues. I've had multiple people try calling from different cell phone carriers and iOS or android phones, and each time it's the same result.

I have tried using the Home Key to answer the call, and still get the same thing. I have tried rebooting my phone, clearing cache partition, factory resets, WiFi calling on/off, roaming or not roaming, 4G or 3G, power saving on/off, updating my profile and prl, and all motion gestures are turned off. I've verified I'm not blocking any calls from within the call settings.

Android 5.0
SMG900P
Stock ROM
No Root Access

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I'd be curious what apps you have installed, I know at one point I had a VOIP app on my Sprint S5 that updated automatically and one of the changes was it tried to auto-inject it's dialer as default. I hadn't opened it since the update but when I did, it gave me a pop up asking if I wanted it to be my default dialer, I answered no and then I could answer phone calls again. However, mine was all calls, so not sure if that could be your issue or not. So I say check any VOIP apps you may have to see if they recent updated and are trying to take over as your default dialer.

Soupers

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
The only programs I have are Google Voice which handles my voicemail, and Skype. Sure enough, it seems like uninstalling Skype has fixed it. I had my wife call me twice and each time I was able to pick up.

Hopefully that's all it was.

Soupers

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
What I thought was fixed, isn't. With no VoIP apps installed, I'm still unable to recieve calls. I had someone call today, and they said it went to voicemail 3x (never rang on my end) and when I did have the call show up, it immediately ended the call upon picking up.

Patrick Chen

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
OP: has your issue been resolved? Google Voice is the problem.

The problem arises when using a SPRINT mobile number with Google Voice. To resolve, simply disable this feature in your Google Voice settings. This immediately resolved my problem of spontaneous hangups when answering calls from mobile numbers. Afterwards I had to call SPRINT to reset my SPRINT voicemail. The call was simple, quick and easy because SPRINT has an open service ticket on this issue. (After I disconnected Google Voice from my mobile phone number, incoming calls to my mobile phone would ring and ring and never go to voicemail. Sprint resolved this by resetting my voicemail.)

The decision to stop using Google Voice in favor of being able to answer mobile-to-mobile calls was (at least, for me) a no-brainer. I now use Google Hangouts as my default SMS messaging app. Unfortunately, Hangouts will only sync/backup/archive your Hangouts messages --but, NOT your SMS messages. So now I am on the hunt for an SMS app that will backup my SMS messages. :)

Cheers!

Android 4.4.2
Samsung SPH-L900 / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (on the Sprint network)
Stock ROM
Rooted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol