Where have all my photos gone on my Samsung S5?

A

AC Question

Samsungs 5 help

Hi I updated my samsung s5 lollipop update and now all my stuff I had on my sim I can't get back on any idea how I can see my photos but the apps aren't there

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsungs 5 help

Welcome to Android Central! You mean your microSD card, not the SIM--the latter is what allows your phone to connect to your carrier's network.

Using My Files, can you see that the photo files are still on the card? If they're physically there, but not in your Gallery app, then there are a couple of things to try:

1. Go to the App Manager, select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open Gallery again and wait a few seconds for the database to rebuild. Do you see the photos now?

2. If not, go to Settings>Storage and Unmount the SD card. Then tap Mount, and wait a few seconds. Go back to Gallery and see if the Photos are there. What you're trying to do is to make the system's Media Scanner rescan the SD card and look for photos to place in the Gallery database

3. You can also try the Rescan Media app, although I'm not sure how compatible it is, considering it was last updated in 2011.

cindyp1111

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
It mainly my apps there not coming up on my phone I can access them through file viewer but Cant play them I have no memory left on the phone but before the update I could as i as I had apps installed on my SIM card.?
I can see and access all my photos :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean that apps that had been installed to the phone and "Moved to SD" are no longer showing up as installed? (It's the SD card, not the SIM card.) It may be that the link between the app and its data on the SD card got broken during the update. Go to the App Drawer--are the apps still showing up there? If not, go to the App Manager--do the apps show up there as installed? You if not, you may have to reinstall the apps, and I'm not sure if you'll be able to successfully recover the app data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke