How can I use the keypad during a handsfree call?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

How can I use the keypad during a handsfree call

I use a bluetooth headset with my S5 and it works fine. But I occasionally get a call that requires me to enter a number on the keypad. There doesn't seem to be a way to get to the keypad without exiting Car Mode. Is there a voice command for this function?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: How can I use the keypad during a handsfree call

I use a bluetooth headset with my S5 and it works fine. But I occasionally get a call that requires me to enter a number on the keypad. There doesn't seem to be a way to get to the keypad without exiting Car Mode. Is there a voice command for this function?

Welcome to Android Central!

I don't think there is a way to get to the keypad when the phone is in car mode. I think Car Mode is made to prevent you from using the phone and go fully hands free.

Beth W

Dec 1, 2023
Visit site
My question is similar except that I haven't put my phone in car mode. When I answer a call using my Bluetooth earpiece, doing so does not take me to screen where I can place a call and pull up the keypad which is usually fine with me. But how do I open the keypad if I learn that I need to use it after already answering a call on my earpiece? This is on a Moto g 5G phone. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My question is similar except that I haven't put my phone in car mode. When I answer a call using my Bluetooth earpiece, doing so does not take me to screen where I can place a call and pull up the keypad which is usually fine with me. But how do I open the keypad if I learn that I need to use it after already answering a call on my earpiece? This is on a Moto g 5G phone. Thanks!
Please see the response in the other thread you posted in: https://forums.androidcentral.com/threads/no-phone-keypad.1028185/#post-7179515

I'm going to close this thread since it's so old, and to prevent parallel discussions.

Reactions: Laura Knotek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12