About a month ago I got a Plantronics Backbeat GO 2 headset, and paired it with my S5, with no difficulties of any kind.

Fast forward to earlier today, when I decide I'll try to pair my headset with my (Windows 8.1) PC, and, try as I might, it won't appear as an available Bluetooth device when I scan from my PC. And so I thought I would unpair it from my S5, thinking that might be necessary to pair the headset to another device. (Stupid idea, really, but the documentation sure doesn't say anything to the contrary. Or much of anything about anything, really.)

And after doing that, I still couldn't pair the headset to my computer.

So what happens next? I try to re-pair the headset with my S5, and now it won't appear in the list of available devices. Instead, it only shows "Scott's Kindle". (I think "Scott", a stranger to me, was seated at another table in a coffeeshop, when I stopped there a few days ago. I tried to pair the computer with my Bluetooth headset then, but on the earlier occasion I didn't unpair it with my S5 first.)

It's completely useless now, unless it's possible to fix it. My S5 is rooted stock, however. Is there some fix for this through the editing of an XML file or something? I do have a recent nandroid backup, which helps, but I'd rather not have to resort to that if I can help it. More troubling still is that I'm not sure it is something on my phone at all. What if it's something in the Bluetooth device itself, and I evidently have no way of getting to it?

Until I get this headset working again, or replace it, I've got nothing but the ear buds that came with my Roku.
    06-06-2015 01:18 AM
    Fortunately I found some instructions on the Plantronics website, and they work as advertised. To be honest, actually, they work better than advertised, because as soon as I completed the first of the several listed steps, my headset went into pairing mode.
    06-06-2015 04:52 PM
    Fortunately I found some instructions on the Plantronics website, and they work as advertised. To be honest, actually, they work better than advertised, because as soon as I completed the first of the several listed steps, my headset went into pairing mode.
    Glad you found a solution.
    06-09-2015 11:56 AM
    Glad you found a solution.
    I am having a problem pairing my Plantronics headset worth my new Samsung S7. When U attempt to search for it, it simply does not appear. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    05-21-2016 10:32 AM
    you, my dear person, is bloody amazing!! i have been trying to pair my go2 device for DAYS!! thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!
    your instructions link was what i was looking for! <3
    11-04-2016 12:25 PM
    Thank you man! it Works!
    11-20-2016 11:58 PM