KitKat battery use issues after downgrading from Lollipop, how can I fix it?

myminpins

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Kitkat battery use issues after downgrading from Lollipop

I finally got my phone downgraded back to Kitkat 4.4.2, which is what my old phone has (cracked screen). Problem is, it's eating the battery like mad.

It was charged to 100% last night, sat all night off and this morning it's 58%!!!!!!! :(

I still have my old phone and it's set up exactly the same and the battery might go from 100% to 96% overnight, which is fine by me.

Any ideas what's eating up my battery like this?

I have all kinds of things frozen so they won't run and I have it on wifi and autoupdate is disabled in Play Store so I can't figure out why it's just dying SO fast.

Thank you!!!

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Kitkat battery use issues after downgrading from Lollipop

Try a factory reset.usually after changing of versions factory reset clears out junk that was from the previous version.

Posted via the Android Central App

myminpins

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

A factory reset was already done twice after I downgraded to KitKat. Since it takes me hours to get everything in order again, I'd really not like to do that if I absolutely do not have to. :(

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

A screenshot of your battery settings would help understanding the battery drain better

Go to Settings -> Battery and take a screenshot. Next, touch the graph and take a screenshot and post here

myminpins

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

FYI, seeing other threads about this Location is disabled. Always.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Longer than just 33 seconds on battery would be useful. Say, 4 or 5 hours. This would enable a more accurate picture of your battery usage.

myminpins

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

I got up and it was at 54%. It was 100 when I went to bed. Can it show you battery usage from days ago? I don't use my phone a whole lot which is why this is so weird.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

I got up and it was at 54%. It was 100 when I went to bed. Can it show you battery usage from days ago? I don't use my phone a whole lot which is why this is so weird.

Give it a go. You may not personally use your phone a lot... but some apps may do so. See, here. Do you have any of those installed?

myminpins

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

Give what a go? Sorry.

I have Facebook installed but rarely use it. And Messenger for Facebook.

Here's what's running according to my App Manager:
Screenshot_2015-06-08-09-52-34.jpgScreenshot_2015-06-08-09-52-41.jpgScreenshot_2015-06-08-09-52-53.jpg

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Charge your phone all the way to 100% and then use it normally. When it reaches around 30% go to Settings -> Battery and take a screenshot. Then touch the graph (the part that says 33 seconds on battery in your first screenshot) and take a screenshot of the detailed graph

myminpins

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

Okay. I will do that. I just uninstalled Skype just in case. I've got lots of apps frozen. Going to double check my bloatware stuff. Thing is, my other (cracked glass) phone is perfectly fine and this a duplicate of that far as I know. I'll do some more checking after work this afternoon and make sure nothing else is running I'm not aware of right now. If I find it, I'll let you know. Otherwise, will do the screenshot thing... though not sure how to get it to use that much battery when I don't use the phone a lot but I'll try :)

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

That just shows what is running on your phone... not battery usage. Try disabling FaceBook and Messanger for FB, which are known battery drainers and can show up under Android OS. Beaming Service is another drainer.

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I had read on a forum earlier that a person was facing a similar issue but later found out that the battery drain was due to poor network coverage in his bedroom. As a result his phone used up a lot of battery trying to search and hang on to his mobile network.

myminpins

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

Beaming Service and NFC are disabled and off. Ah, thank you... didn't know that... I can disable Facebook and Messenger though they're very rarely used - often just Messenger then I go to my computer and do everything from there. Just lets me know there's a message but that might be it... though it WAS running all the time on my old phone and I only get maybe one message a day LOL

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

My suggestion to you would be to use the Messenger app and use Chrome (or whichever internet browser you use) to check your Facebook. The facebook app is a battery and memory hog

myminpins

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

Well, there's no issue with network here that I know of and my phone is where the other one is - they're side by side, actually, so I can watch them for now. I use the cracked one for some thing but it's no longer a phone - no SIM card in it. But thanks for all the suggestions. I'm trying them all. This is just weird and very frustrating as it's draining way too fast. Thankfully I can charge it in my car but should never have to.

myminpins

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

I NEVER log into Facebook on my phone - always use my computer. Just see the notification that I have a message on the home screen then go to the laptop, never use the phone. I do know it'll run the battery down very fast.

If I have to, I will disable it but it was fine on my other phone.

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Okay, post your battery stats later. You found the detailed battery graph right?