Can I get some help with my Samsung S5 SM-G900F?

Rekha Patil

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Samsung s5 SM-G900F

Hi, I have Samsung s5 - SM- G 900F..Got it in Dubai and currently am in India.. I had issues of device heating up , not registered on network and continous restarts..I gave it to local repair center ..They have completely messed up now - IMEI, baseband , service mode all are null now.. I am soo soo worried ..Pl. can anyone help me..

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung s5 SM-G900F

Hi, I have Samsung s5 - SM- G 900F..Got it in Dubai and currently am in India.. I had issues of device heating up , not registered on network and continous restarts..I gave it to local repair center ..They have completely messed up now - IMEI, baseband , service mode all are null now.. I am soo soo worried ..Pl. can anyone help me..
That's unfortunate. I would suggest having them replace the device if they are at fault. At a minimum, offer a replacement to you if the device is not repairable.

Rekha Patil

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site

No thats not possible I am slogging bcos of that...Samsung India doesnt support other country phones...I am badly caught, request for help..

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

The Samsung Galaxy S5 worldwide model, G900F, is not designed for use on Indian networks and the regional model, G900i, (see #1.4 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide), is marketed by Samsung for that area. The main difference is the modem/radio/baseband and my guess is that the shop tried to convert, unsuccessfully, the G900F to work on the Indian networks.

If they have illegally tampered with the IMEI number during the process and have wiped it, then it will most likely require a professional Samsung repair.

Not knowing exactly what the shop tried to do, I can only guess that they either tried to replace the modem software or flashed a G900i firmware to it or they may have even tried to root it and flash a complete custom ROM. If this is the case, you could try downloading and installing the original firmware for the model of phone and CSC code, to see if that helps. See #1.11 of my previous link.

If the IMEI code is still not showing, you could try some of the retrieval methods in this thread...

Recover your IMEI in 9 steps.

Last edited:

Rekha Patil

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I am sorry , not able to recover my IMEI yet. Here goes my firmware details - G900FXXU1ANC9. if any one have some model and firmware and if help can be provided it will be great.

joybaner

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site

Dear ironass: Was recently gifted by my brother who lives in US a brand new unlocked G900F (purchased from Amazon US). I am in India & the phone does not work. Came across this post while searching for solution. Have 2 questions:

a) When I inserted Vodaphone SIM, the phone worked - I was able to receive and call. However after about 5 min. it started showing Emergency Service and stopped working. Same happened with Airtel (however with Airtel it was about 30 sec). Why should the phone work at all and then stop working.

b) Is there any way to make it work in India?

c) I installed AVG Antivirus and it reports a threat saying device has been rooted [exact message "Unsecured privilage mode detected. Your device is running in High Privilage mode (i.e. it has been rooted). We recommend using only genuine firmware"]. Why should a new unlocked device be rooted? I find one of the default application installed is Super SU (Free) . Kies not allowing upgrade of firmware.
1) Is it because of this that phone is behaving erratically?
2) Anyway where I can install firmware to have unrooted phone. As usual Samsung service is lousy and service center refused to touch the phone as it is purchased outside the country.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Dear ironass: Was recently gifted by my brother who lives in US a brand new unlocked G900F (purchased from Amazon US). I am in India & the phone does not work. Came across this post while searching for solution. Have 2 questions:

a) When I inserted Vodaphone SIM, the phone worked - I was able to receive and call. However after about 5 min. it started showing Emergency Service and stopped working. Same happened with Airtel (however with Airtel it was about 30 sec). Why should the phone work at all and then stop working.

b) Is there any way to make it work in India?

c) I installed AVG Antivirus and it reports a threat saying device has been rooted [exact message "Unsecured privilage mode detected. Your device is running in High Privilage mode (i.e. it has been rooted). We recommend using only genuine firmware"]. Why should a new unlocked device be rooted? I find one of the default application installed is Super SU (Free) . Kies not allowing upgrade of firmware.
1) Is it because of this that phone is behaving erratically?
2) Anyway where I can install firmware to have unrooted phone. As usual Samsung service is lousy and service center refused to touch the phone as it is purchased outside the country.

Hello and welcome to Android Central joybaner!

Lets start at your item a). What you are describing are the classic symptoms of a phone that has been blocked or blacklisted because of non payment of contract or it has been reported lost or stolen and has had its unique IMEI number blocked. These phones are typically sold on very quickly and cheaply as it can take a few weeks for a block to be imposed. See #1.7 of Galaxy S5, Fake Clone or Genuine - Dummies Guide for steps that you can take to check to see if your phone has been blocked.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon