Can I get some help fixing a Touchwiz Issue?

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Touchwiz Issue

I have an interesting issue. My wife's S5 developed a problem this morning. She hit the home button to return to her home screen and it asked her to pick a launcher all of a sudden. Never popped up before. The only choice she had was touchwiz so she picked it. Now all of her shortcuts and icons are gone and the screen is zoomed in so far that icons are huge to the point of only having 3 fit on the screen! I dont have the phone in front of me to mess with it but I was wondering if anyone has any idea what may have caused this and a way to get her phone back the way it was?
Thanks!

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Touchwiz Issue

That is odd behavior...
Did she recently update the phones OS or make any changes?

Might try a cache clear, start fresh (not as fresh as a FDR but that's always a last resort).
Power down her phone, now press & hold the power button, volume up & the home button until your phone boots into Recovery. Now use the volume rocker to select Wipe Cache. Hit the power button to make it happen - give it a sec to clear the cache. Now use the volume rocker to select Reboot System - hit the power button & run you phone for a bit. See if this helps*

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Touchwiz Issue

She hasnt done anything different, not even any new app downloads. Just weird. I'll try wiping the cache when I get home and have her phone in front of me. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma