12-04-2016 12:32 PM
31 12
    Fyi- I saw a rom tht disables ITS ON which is the system network provider app so I am going to try it and see if that fixes also I am thinking about adding APN I got the idea from the dude on YouTube I don't know if i am allowed to mention his name on here, lol. So I hope one of these help fix this issue.
    11-22-2016 02:22 PM
    Appreciate the update. I've gone ahead with a full OS wipe and flashed a stock 5.1.1 rom which fixed the issue.Then updated recovery back to TWRP and flashed an un-rooted CM12.1 rom. Still fully functional. I'm planning on flashing a Samsung based, pre-rooted rom again but probably won't do it until Friday as I need my phone functional through the holiday and don't want to devote to much time to fixing it in the next 48 hours. I'll be back at it again through the weekend.
    Spacey09 likes this.
    11-23-2016 08:02 AM
    Jdawg, Lol Thanks, I still am obsessively changing settings,d/l diagnostic tools, I have all the d/ls to change kernal (have beastmode-trying vitaminc think that's the name) and I want to try S7/Dr.ketan mix but researching every possible issue that may arise. I am like a dog with a bone am not letting this go , I need to follow in your steps because if it took care of your phone which we have identical phones sm- n910p, same carrier, then I doubt its a coincidence that every incident in ref 2 these issues began and started approx same time & same way. Thank you for keeping me updated, although Ive been on these forums for years, & customizing my phones, I never posted. I see how disrespectful some people posting are so I really appreciate your help & kindness. Happy Thanksgiving, and thx again.
    11-23-2016 01:10 PM
    I'm trying to flash stock rom, but it doesn't seem to want to work for me. The tutorial i was following says it should only take about 5 min, but it's not happening. Odin has given me a fail (auth) warning a number of times as well. I really should have probably never rooted in the first place.

Everytime i try flashing i get:
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> N910PVPU1ANIE_N910PSPT1ANIE_N910PVPU1ANIE_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1005)..
    <ID:0/003> File analysis..
    <ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/003> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
    <ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/003> sbl1.mbn
    <ID:0/003> rpm.mbn
    <ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
    <ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

phone says:
    sw rev check fail: [aboot]fused 4> binary 1
    [1]emmc write fail: aboot
    If i try forcing it again, it will just hang on aboot.mbn

i'll be frank, I have no idea what i'm doing. Have tried multiple different stock firmwares though. In some ways this is an opportunity though, I didn't feel like backing anything up. I suppose now I can do a thorough backup. It's late, I'll go to bed and look into some good apps to back up all my stuff, then try again. Maybe I'll use a different version of odin.

edit: looks like I got it. Flashed stock rom, didn't even require me to do a factory reset. I only rooted because I wanted to run linux on my phone, and i could never get it to work. I read that this is because of knox, and disabling knox sounds like an ordeal. Anyway, phone seems to be working now, haven't rebooted since re-enabling networksystemmanager though. Right now i'm downloading a massive OTA update.

2nd edit: man, marshmellow is huge.
    11-24-2016 12:56 AM
    Alright, I'm fully functional again. Sorry for taking so long to post back. Tied up with a lot of holiday stuff. But I was able to get back up and running in a couple hours on Friday. Here's what I did.

1) Restore previous NAND backup (the broken one that keeps showing the error). Used Tinfoil's recommendation of disabling the process that sends the error message so I could work on the phone.
    2) Titanium backup of all apps that were important to me. I had several that would break stuff if I updated them, so I made sure to back them up so I could restore current versions.
    3) Full OS wipe from TWRP. I actually wiped it several times, just to be sure.
    4) Flashed a stock (bloated and all) OK1 rom from ODIN.
    5) Fully activated my phone on the stock rom (just to make sure calls, SMS, and data were working and that I wasn't going to continue to see the error).
    6) Updated PRL and Profile while still on stock rom.
    7) Back to Download Mode and flashed TWRP with ODIN.
    8) Did a factory reset (again several times, just to be sure) from TWRP.
    9) Flashed chosen, "pre-rooted" rom based on the OK1 kernel.
    10) Booted to system > fully activated > updated PRL and Profile > tested calls, SMS, and data.
    11) Turned off automatic system and app updates (I'd rather not play this game again any time in the near future).
    12) All good, installed Titanium and started the rebuild process.

What I did implies that you want to stick with a Lollipop rom. I liked the way my phone was before this debacle so that's what I'm going back to. If not, I'd think you'd want to insert ~stock firmware of choice Android flavor~ in step 4 and ~chosen rom of that flavor~ in step 9.
    11-28-2016 07:05 AM
    I decided to update to marshmallow, and all seems well, but now my sd card is borked. Seems the update somehow physicall damaged my card.
    12-04-2016 12:32 PM
31 12