Always Open With Never goes away, why? How can I get this to go away?

A

AC Question

"Always Open With" Never goes away

I only use my Galaxy S5's default text messaging app whenever I txt with friends. Whenever they send me a link to go check out I will select that link and it will ask if I want to open with chrome or use another application. I click "always" when selecting chrome and it says "clear default app settings by going to settings..." and on and on. I click on OK and proceed to the link.
The problem I have is that this happens every single time. It always asks if I always want to run the same application I've always said to always use. What is my phone not understanding about always running the same program? Is there something I'm not understanding?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Always Open With" Never goes away

Welcome to Android Central! When you select an app to be the default, the box that comes up afterwards telling you how to clear defaults is informational only and is not telling you to clear the defaults at that time. So what you're probably doing is setting the default, then immediately clearing it (which is why you have to choose the default again each time). When you see that informational box come up, just acknowledge it, but don't clear the defaults.

Ariav Savir

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: "Always Open With" Never goes away

I have exactly the same problem. I do not reset or clear the defaults, but still being ask to choose between chrome or the Samsung browser every time. Nothing helps. I just cannot define chrome as the straight default browser for openning internet links (not even from Google now). Any idea how to solve this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia