Minor update for Verizon S5?

Toto39

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm in charge of 3 g900v's. I Updated 2 of them via Oden last week and camera speed/ battery do seem to be improved quite a bit making this update worth it. I did a backup with kies, but Oden did factory reset the phone both times soo.. quick question. Does Oden always factory reset for everyone with this build? Is there an easy way to keep app data when backing up? The only reason is the 3rd phone I want to update is the bosses, and I would prefer not to have to re-set-up Nova launcher/ app settings. I'm trying to keep him an android fan since I convinced him to make the switch out of pure jealousy last year =) He is a little annoyed with the added complexity of things some what though.
Didn't have a factory reset when I used Odin on my phone, but the instructions with Odin imply that it is a possibility.

conanbarb

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Updated using Odin per Ironass' instructions. Never got OTA option nor was an update available through Kies.

Ditto. Never showed as OTA nor Kies so I took it into my own hands with Odin for the first time and it was pretty darn simple. 4 days on OD5 and so far I'm pretty happy with it. Not nearly as sluggish as before. Jury is still out on the battery life, but it's definitely not worse than before.

Crazy that T-Mobile is rolling out 5.1.1 and Verizon is spending their time rolling updates on 5.0 though.

geneod

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if Verizon is still going to drag their asses with 5.1 since T-Mobile has already put it out. Verizon was first with 5.0, but it apparently sucked.
Does this light a fire under Verizon? Probably not....

Jayson Grube

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
My guess, Verizon rolled out this update, then seen T-mobile rolled out 5.1, so they pulled the update and are working hard on a 5.02 or 5.1 update to combine this update with in the near future. (This is me being optimistic =))

Jayson Grube

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I've only recently heard people download and install via odin from sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G900V/ . So my guess is it's been pulled since there's been no recent OTA chatter that I know of.

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I just got the latest OTA update. It doesn't change the actual firmware, just the build number. Right after I updated, the phone told me it needed to cool down. It's not supposed to help with the battery or overheating, but I was hoping it would.

Last edited:

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I just got the latest update tonight pushed to my phone. I'll let everyone know if I notice any differences once I start playing with it.

JMUhcky01

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I've been able to unlock with my fingerprint with my corporate email which I couldn't do before. I have also noticed that the phone has not been overheating despite heavy usage like it did before. It also send that I have about an extra gig of storage that wasn't there before.

Posted via the Android Central App

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Battery life after the "minor" update seems incredible in my minimal and unscientific testing. No overheating whatsoever and, even with lots of screen on time, very little battery drain.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I have some over heating problems and it delete some stuff on my SD card������

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Is this the G900VVRU1BOD5 firmware from post #3, which appears to have been withdrawn and seems to have been replaced by the newer, G900VVRU1BOE1, release... both on Android 5.0.

IMPORTANT: See, Verizon OE1 update prevents rooting/downgrading

Last edited:

eaglesphan44

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I just have to say that this "minor" update seems to have done wonders for my phone in terms of speed and smoothness. Everything seems really zippy, and there is literally no lag. Hopefully, things stay this way!

My update didn't appear to install Galaxy Apps on my phone like the description said. Did it install on anyone else's phone with the update?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I just have to say that this "minor" update seems to have done wonders for my phone in terms of speed and smoothness. Everything seems really zippy, and there is literally no lag. Hopefully, things stay this way!

My update didn't appear to install Galaxy Apps on my phone like the description said. Did it install on anyone else's phone with the update?

See previous post.

Jayson Grube

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Is this the G900VVRU1BOD5 firmware from post #3, which appears to have been withdrawn and seems to have been replaced by the newer, G900VVRU1BOE1, release... both on Android 5.0.

I did a google for G900VVRU1BOE1 and this post is literally the only thing that came up on google =), but I'm curious too. For those getting the OTA update, whats the build #? Or maybe your saying this is the build number you got? Just curious so I know if I should keep an eye out for it since I'm just on the BOD5.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
The OTA I just got last night is BOE1. I haven't noticed any additional bloat. All I'm noticing is seemingly improved performance, a fix for the mute/priority issue, no overheating, and improved battery life.

anon(8453378)

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I also didn't notice Galaxy Apps either, so I went looking...
Open app drawer
Hit the 3 dots on the top right
Select "GALAXY Essentials."
Select "More in Galaxy Apps."

Ok, now I know what to avoid in the future.

Tritonemusic

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

Sorry if I missed something previously, but I just wanted to mention that I received the update yesterday, and my build version has one number that's different (in bold below):

G900VVRU2BOE1