Dropped phone, broken screen

nmd615

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey y'all!
So two days ago my phone fell and the screen shattered and went black. The touch screen is still responding, the back button and app button still light up, so does my LED light at the top. I can hear my phone get texts, emails facebook notifications ect ect. And when I touch the screen it makes the unlocking sound. I had the Best Buy Geek Squad protection( i used to work for the company and the plans are totally worth it) but I checked today and apparently it was cancelled without my knowing. I don't have the kind of money to drop 500 bucks on a new phone since my upgrade was in January. I was wondering if it's possible just to buy a new screen and change out the screen? Please help :(

Last edited by a moderator:

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It is possible, but the s5 is a little more complicated due to the adhesive for the water resist rating.
if you check around online and on say eBay, you'll find plenty of people offering screen replacement services at various prices.

nmd615

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I was looking around and its still super expensive to have someone else do it :( uhg and im scared to do it myself now knowing it will be semi-complicated haha i have no patience. But thank you so much for your help !!

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That's the downside to even last years flagship devices, the cost of screen replacement is devastating
:(
If you do find someone to do it relatively cheaply, make sure they stand behind their work cause there have been case's of water getting in later due to the seal between screen & chasis being compromised..
Best of luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007