Why won't my S5 let me go back to the swipe to unlock option?

A

AC Question

My S5 wont let me go back to the swipe to unlock option.

I was "playing" with my phone and first tried the fingerprint, which i had trouble getting in after that. Then i tried the 4 digit code. Decided I wasn't crazy about it and went back in to change it back to swipe but it is no longer an option. It says it is turned off by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage. Not sure what I did, but I need help getting swipe back. Should have been working instead of playing anyhow:(

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: My S5 wont let me go back to the swipe to unlock option.

I was "playing" with my phone and first tried the fingerprint, which i had trouble getting in after that. Then i tried the 4 digit code. Decided I wasn't crazy about it and went back in to change it back to swipe but it is no longer an option. It says it is turned off by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage. Not sure what I did, but I need help getting swipe back. Should have been working instead of playing anyhow:(

Welcome to Android Central!

Did you encrypt your phone at some point? Go in to you settings, go to security, and under encryption does it say device encrypted?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: My S5 wont let me go back to the swipe to unlock option.

For some people clearing credentials in settings - security fixed that problem.

anthony61388

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
clearing all credentials fixed the exact same problem for me!

Can anyone help me with the same issue? I have a moto x 2014 and the same problem. Not allowing me to switch back to the regular swipe. The option is blocked out. How do I clear the settings like you described? Someone help?

TitoRoE

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone help me with the same issue? I have a moto x 2014 and the same problem. Not allowing me to switch back to the regular swipe. The option is blocked out. How do I clear the settings like you described? Someone help?
Not sure on Moto X...but its found in Settings>Security?Clear credentials...

Dey Ginger_Pie

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem, I have an Alcatel idol 3 and I have been on every site to try and figure if there's another way to make it work because I have tried multiple time to clear the credential and it won't work even tried to do it again am reset still not working... I really don't like the pin option and word very much so like to go back at the swipping option, could anyone here help me ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463