How come on the s4 there is a download history in the pulldown menu and on the s5 you have to go to the my files app, then download history, then open it, then find your file?

I want it like my s4.

Any ideas?
    06-17-2015 11:46 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! On the S4, what do you mean by the pulldown menu? Is it a shortcut in the Quick Settings panel? Or is it part of the Downloads app?
    06-18-2015 01:30 AM
    Pulldown menu as in you swipe your 1 finger from the top... down to the bottom of the screen and a black menu w green icons is across the top...WiFi, gps, et cetera...and below is notifications like messages....and below that is ...my newly downloaded pdf or file...THIS...is what I want.

I used to be able to click/tap it as many times as I wanted and open it just from this pulldown menu...only clearing/deleting it from this menu by swiping it horizontally away...which I rarely did until I was down with that file.

It is possible I am remembering wrong, but there was a list of all my downloads (pics jpgs, pdfs knitting files) and I could arrange by downloaded in the last 7 days...last month.

I only have a finger or thumb free...I'm always nursing or have a sleeping child or 2 on me and I can't stand having to click around a billion dif places to open my damn knitting files.

Why is this so hard now? I tried getting a free app for "download history" but none exist. Not what I want. And it does exist on the s5...but like I said...I have to click on the manila folder my files app...then go to download HISTORY (eta: history not files) ...then sometimes type in the file name...search...it says processing... (annoying as ever)...and all while balancing a sleeping nursing baby and my knitting.

I'd put a screen shot on here...how do I do that?

Thanks.
    Cranky nursing knitter
    06-18-2015 01:49 AM
    I have a screenshot of what I want....but on the s5.
    06-18-2015 01:58 AM
    Do you mean this Aanneemariee?...

Notifications. Samsung stock OE5 build for G900F...

06-18-2015 06:02 AM
    It is possible I am remembering wrong, but there was a list of all my downloads (pics jpgs, pdfs knitting files) and I could arrange by downloaded in the last 7 days...last month.
    This sounds more like you went to the Downloads app, which shows all of the files you've downloaded. Some devices allow you to decide whether to show only those from the last week or the last month (but not on Nexus devices). It may be that when you tapped on a download notification on the swipedown notification panel, it took you to the Downloads app, where you saw this.
    06-18-2015 10:40 PM
    Download history is in "My Files" now.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-19-2015 05:04 PM
    ^^^This. I want to take it out of my files...and put it on the main screen/homepage/ et cetera...anywhere maybe even in my pulldown menu.

Is this possible?
    07-10-2015 12:40 PM
    Yes. So where is it now?

And can you write some code for me so I can access it from the pulldown menu? Pretty please? 😊
    07-10-2015 12:42 PM