New galaxy s5 camera.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I just downloaded the new s5 camera application. I still have the old application. The new camera pulses the focus. Every second the focus changes. I feel that it's not hardware because the old camera works fine on the same device. What do you think?

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0

conanbarb

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded the new s5 camera application. I still have the old application. The new camera pulses the focus. Every second the focus changes. I feel that it's not hardware because the old camera works fine on the same device. What do you think?

What is this new S5 camera application you are referring to? Is it bundled into the recent OD5 update? I don't see anything on Google Play either.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
No. The camera app that came with my smart phone is still there. This is a new enhancement. try it and you'll see the difference. Both camera apps coexist on the Galaxy s5 now.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I just searched the Play Store for "S5 camera" which turned up nothing. Do you have a link?

Posted via the Android Central App

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Go to play store. search for camera apps. Its got its own category all by itself. That's the new camera app. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Go to play store. search for camera apps. Its got its own category all by itself. That's the new camera app. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me

Do you have a problem with posting the link to the S5 camera in the Google Play Store. Otherwise this thread becomes pointless as I cannot find it either.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have a problem posting the link. If you go to Google Play Store click apps, then click Search, then type in camera. Click ON CAMERA APP You should know the way from there . If you have a problem beyond the above instructions. I can't help you. .

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Yes I have a problem posting the link. If you go to Google Play Store click apps, then click Search, then type in camera. Click ON CAMERA APP You should know the way from there . If you have a problem beyond the above instructions. I can't help you. .

Still no, "S5 Camera", app as stated in your post #1!!!

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I never said there was a Samsung s5 item. It isn't on the samsung s5. It's under camera apps.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Marioclement23 - please go to the Play store and pull up the camera that you are referring to. Go into the address bar of your browser and copy the entire address link and post back so we can see which camera you are referring to. Then we can help.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Everyone just calm down -- No need for personal attacks.

@ OP (Mario) - Would you be able to post a link to the camera app you found? It would be very helpful as I am unsure of the exact app you mean as well. This would be a great deal of help to others so they can click / download / and try ! :).

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
There is no link. I'm using a Android Samsung Galaxy S5. I go to the PLAY STORE, click on APPS, then click on the magnifying icon, then type CAMERA APP in the search box, and the new Camera app comes up. Click OPEN and then play with it and you'll see what I'm talking about. I don't know how to explain it any better. Let me know how you make out.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
There is no link. I'm using a Android Samsung Galaxy S5. I go to the PLAY STORE, click on APPS, then click on the magnifying icon, then type CAMERA APP in the search box, and the new Camera app comes up. Click OPEN and then play with it and you'll see what I'm talking about. I don't know how to explain it any better. Let me know how you make out.

It sounds like your phone is pulling a default app we don't have. On my G4 this is what I get.

Attachments

• 1434773591969.jpg
    1434773591969.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 53

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
This sounds as though the OP is talking about the Galaxy Apps that were installed in the the latest Verizon update, OD5, and not the Google Play Store.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Repeat. I have a Samsung Galaxy s5. I got the camera app installed when I bought this smartphone. This app for the for the new camera is available on the Play Store. Just follow the instructions above for accessing the Play store to get this application.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Repeat. I have a Samsung Galaxy s5. I got the camera app installed when I bought this smartphone. This app for the for the new camera is available on the Play Store. Just follow the instructions above for accessing the Play store to get this application.

So, which of the camera apps, as per Almeuit's screenshot of the Google Play Store with, "Camera app", as the search, in his post #17 above, is it?

A simple and courteous question that deserves a simple and courteous reply.

Something that I have already previously extended to you in this thread, Comprehensive news reader

News24 is highly configurable and has a widget. Free, from the Play Store.

Just what I was looking for. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer