01-03-2016 08:21 AM
73 123
tools
    This update is terrible. I tried wiping the cache partition many times, uninstalled a few programs, and everything still keeps hanging on me. The not responding popup keeps coming back, and it vibrates once, and then twice periodically. WTH happened?
    07-20-2015 09:43 AM
    This update is terrible. I tried wiping the cache partition many times, uninstalled a few programs, and everything still keeps hanging on me. The not responding popup keeps coming back, and it vibrates once, and then twice periodically. WTH happened?
    Hello and welcome to Android Central aceangel!

If you have already tried the cache partition wipe without success, it may be time for a Full Wipe and Factory Data Reset accompanied by monitoring the phone prior to re-installing apps but NOT settings... as per #2.3, #2.4 and #2.5 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide
    07-20-2015 11:30 AM
    Before this update, my 3 month old S5's Swype function worked flawlessly.

After the update, Swype's latency between 'stroked' words renders the function worthless.

This defect is such a huge time-waster for me, I created a profile on this site to post this very message.
    07-22-2015 11:20 AM

After the update, Swype's latency between 'stroked' words renders the function worthless.

This defect is such a huge time-waster for me, I created a profile on this site to post this very message.
    I would download the Google keyboard from the play store. It doesn't have a dedicated numbers row but the Swype feature works great and is actually much better than the Samsung keyboard.
    07-24-2015 01:01 PM
    Just chiming in with the same problem Android 5.1.1 w/S5. There is a major resource bottleneck now with apps just moving sluggish, pausing, it’s not just keyboard and swiping that has delays in responses. It’s everything. If there was a quick rollback option I’d be using it. Can’t seem to find any particular app causing it yet.
    07-25-2015 07:22 AM
    Just chiming in with the same problem Android 5.1.1 w/S5. There is a major resource bottleneck now with apps just moving sluggish, pausing, it’s not just keyboard and swiping that has delays in responses. It’s everything. If there was a quick rollback option I’d be using it. Can’t seem to find any particular app causing it yet.
    Have you done a full backup and a factory data reset after deselecting the automatic restore option in the Backup and Reset settings menu?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile (USA) Lollipop, "Android 5.1.1", update-screenshot_2015-07-25-10-31-32_1.jpg  
    07-25-2015 09:37 AM
    My phone has been acting completely crazy. It is very slow. It keeps rebooting on it's own. The swiftkey is awful now. What the heck? I just got the s5 in May and it was GREAT then. Now I'm frustrated all the time.
    07-25-2015 11:06 AM
    SOLVED! - For me anyway. Had to disable "Lookout Security & Antivirus". All my lag problems went away. Hope this helps you. Hope they fix it too so I can use it again because its not a bad app.
    teristark likes this.
    07-26-2015 08:18 AM
    Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try this and see how it goes.
    07-26-2015 10:00 AM
    I dont know why we have to deal with this nonesense, from downloading more apps or even thinking flashing my S5, after following tmobile rep instructions to wipe cache, sd removing, factory reset, the rep gave up and told me that Samsung is the one to blame, after wasting more time with Samsung cs, they are blaming Google. Question, Legaly who is liable in fixing my unit?, and yes has no warranty.
    problems so far, hdmi plugin not working, headset not working while wireless mirrow, touchscreen not working rite.
    newbie cant post link, but you can see my youtube clip as : galaxy s5 lollipop 5.1.1 hdmi bug part one. Thanks
    07-27-2015 05:04 AM
    For anyone experiencing problems with the latest T-Mobile update to Android 5.1.1 and have already tried the FULL WIPE+FACTORY DATA RESET detailed in post #52 above, they can downgrade back to Android 5.0. This is not rooting and does not affect Knox security or your warranty.It will require a cache partition wipe and Factory Data Reset so be sure to backup. See video...

This is for competent users.

Alternatively, try requesting a downgrade from your nearest T-Mobile (USA) store or Samsung Service Point.
    07-27-2015 05:37 AM
    My local tmobile store wont touch it, and my my near samsung center is 1hr drive, so.... I did try my best.
    Thank you.

07-27-2015 10:41 PM

Omg, I'm so glad it isn't just me. This newest update is complete garbage. Can't type or swipe anything anymore because of the awful delay!
    07-30-2015 09:40 PM
    SOLVED! - For me anyway. Had to disable "Lookout Security & Antivirus". All my lag problems went away. Hope this helps you. Hope they fix it too so I can use it again because its not a bad app.
    I'm back. Not fixed. Phone is soooo slow very often. kill some running apps, seems to be fine a while, then it all comes back. ARG.
    Anyone get fixed with reset or should I just do a roll back?
    08-04-2015 06:03 PM
    Bought my own used s5 and one for my dad, both original Tmobile locked phones. Software and hardware are identical, both running 5.1.1. However, mine in quadrant standard and antutu benchmark both score about half as high as my dad's phone (~15000 quadrant and 28000 antutu). I cleared cache partition because i upgraded to lollipop after i activated the phone, while my dads was updated and reset by the previous owner. Apps i dont use are disabled. Do i need to do a factory reset to make mine perform better or is that unnecessary because i already cleared the cache partition?
    08-04-2015 08:12 PM
    Think I'll be staying away from this update for as long as possible. I have absolutely no issues whatsoever with Android 5.0
    08-04-2015 10:57 PM
    Upload my problem regard HDMI to youtube [Galaxy s5 lollipop 5.1.1 hdmi bug part one], any sugestions? Local tmobile store refuse helping me restore 5.0 firmware.

08-08-2015 10:35 PM
    Have a Question, Can the data speed be manipulated with a Firmware update ?

08-26-2015 08:20 AM
    Not sure if people fixed all the issues but for Swype keyboard, switch to Samsung keyboard, uninstall Swype (after backing up to your Swype account), restart, reinstall Swype, sync account and should work as fast as always
    09-02-2015 12:28 AM
    Well I see I'm not the only one with the Swype issue after the update. You get so used to it working smoothly, and now a pause between words?? I see no answers yet? The guy at the Tmobile store had no idea either. Grrrrrr.
    09-26-2015 01:18 PM
    This update is complete garbage. Google keyboard experiences the same lag. I've done a factory reset but still have problems with app lag and overheating. If you don't do a factory reset you will experience random restarts like my wife. I am thinking about reverting back to 5.0 per the video above.
    09-28-2015 02:26 PM
    so will this OS operate the same for a note 4?

if you do a factory reset,

then load up a saved backup file on nova launcher,

are you re-loaded with an empty cache and data, therefore benefitting from the factory reset?

or are you re-loading back to the same state? Can someone explain this?

-- I have a note 4 and I'm currently at the point where I can choose to dl the 5.1.1 update and make my phone useless for 10 minutes,
    but I'm not going to click it quite yet. The idea of double the battery life sounds very tempting but tbh I'm already getting good battery life??
    01-03-2016 07:21 AM
    so will this OS operate the same for a note 4?

if you do a factory reset,

then load up a saved backup file on nova launcher,

are you re-loaded with an empty cache and data, therefore benefitting from the factory reset?

or are you re-loading back to the same state? Can someone explain this?

-- I have a note 4 and I'm currently at the point where I can choose to dl the 5.1.1 update and make my phone useless for 10 minutes,
    but I'm not going to click it quite yet. The idea of double the battery life sounds very tempting but tbh I'm already getting good battery life??
    The best way to do a clean update is to backup everything first, as per #2.1 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide.

TOP TIP: Take screenshots of all your Nova Launcher screens and sync them to your PC as backups on Nova Launcher can be flakey and it is better to do a fresh setup as the old settings may not be compatible with the update.

Now do a FULL WIPE+FACTORY DATA RESET as per #2.3, #2.4 and #2.5 of the guide and then do your update. Take the time to check out your phone before downloading your user apps from the Play Store and then sign in to receive your apps but not the settings as they may not be compatible with the new update. You can then start loading your external SD card from your backup. The FULL WIPE is important as a lot of users move apps to their SD card which splits the app and the data between the phone and the card and causes the majority of problems in updating. See #1.2 of the guide.
    01-03-2016 08:21 AM
73 123