01-03-2016 09:21 AM
73 123
tools
    T-Mobile customers in the U.S.A. with the minority carrier variant model, SM-G900T, will be waking up to an update to their old Lollipop firmware this morning.

The update, G900TUVU1FOF6, is to Android 5.1.1, and will bring some much needed features and enhancements to the old, OB1, T-Mobile (USA) firmware.

TMB = T-Mobile (USA)

Changelist on this is #5117004

Check both OTA, (Over The Air), and via Samsung's PC suite, Kies, for updates.

For more information about CSC codes, see #1.8 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Still no news on Lollipop for the Metro-PCS model,' G900T1, I am afraid.

(Coincidentally, Android 5.1.1 is also starting to roll out to the Galaxy S6 today)
    06-22-2015 03:51 AM
    06-22-2015 04:02 AM
    06-22-2015 09:45 AM
    Can I flash it through odin.my S5 model is SM G900H.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-22-2015 10:15 AM
    Can I flash it through odin.my S5 model is SM G900H.

I can only see 2 minor drawbacks to you flashing it...

As per posts #1 and #2...

T-Mobile customers in the U.S.A. with the minority carrier variant model, SM-G900T
    Competent users
    You have the, "H", model which is non 4G/LTE and octa core and the release is for the, "T", model which is 4G/LTE and quad core... see 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide
    troshs likes this.
    06-22-2015 10:31 AM
    I am wondering what's new on the 5.1.1 for S5. Is the theme service coming for it?
    06-22-2015 12:28 PM
    OK thankQ...

ironass likes this.
    06-22-2015 01:46 PM
    Actually T-Mobile started pushing out Lollipop 5.1.1 to S6 users last Monday the 15th of June
    ironass likes this.
    06-22-2015 06:10 PM
    Edit: nevermind I see the original post mentioning the gs6

Actually T-Mobile started pushing out Lollipop 5.1.1 to S6 users last Monday the 15th of June
    This post is talking about 5.1.1 being on the S5 though not the S6

06-22-2015 06:30 PM
    Wow, all the way from that antique version of OB1 to OF6!! I'm not sure if my heart can take the shock!...

Thanks for the update Ironass, I've learned so much from reading your posts!...
    Hoping T-Mob didn't go overboard with their adjustments to the original firmware.
    ironass likes this.
    06-22-2015 06:36 PM
    Updated my S5 yesterday. There seems to be a small bug on my phone, where it periodically buzzes and vibrates three time on its own, since the update. I cleared my cache and did a soft reset and occasionally I still get the random vibrating/buzzing bug. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, since the last T-mobile software maintenance update for 5.0, which was about a month ago, my S-Health App keeps crashing and causing my phone to reboot. Anyone else having this problem, as well?
    Bridget Booth likes this.
    06-23-2015 10:45 PM
    Yep. I'm having reboots and random vibration, too. Plus, it's running wicked slow. I might rollback
    Kachita likes this.
    06-24-2015 05:33 AM
    Updated my TMOBILE USA S5 to 5.1.1 and it works better than ever and does not use any more storage than 5.0.

06-24-2015 11:36 AM
    My phone have been running slow as well ever since the upgrade to 5.1.1. I'm praying they resolve this quickly.
    Kachita likes this.
    06-25-2015 08:35 AM
    Thanks Bridget Booth, for confirming the glitches in the update. I hope they fix it soon. Because, it's annoying.
    06-25-2015 03:26 PM
    I had the random vibrations the first day but I haven't had them since. It does lag and uses the battery up like no one's business! The swift keyboard is horrible now! It was my preferred method of texting. Now I can swype one word and then it requires a pause to continue..argh. I will probably end up doing a factory reset and hope that fixes my issues as it did with the last update to 5.0.
    bklynstylebaby likes this.
    06-25-2015 06:38 PM
    I had the random vibrations the first day but I haven't had them since. It does lag and uses the battery up like no one's business! The swift keyboard is horrible now! It was my preferred method of texting. Now I can swype one word and then it requires a pause to continue..argh. I will probably end up doing a factory reset and hope that fixes my issues as it did with the last update to 5.0.
    I hope you're right about the random vibration bug disappearing after a few days, because today, it just did it once, compared to several times, other days. So, that's an improvement. And so far it hasn't rebooted like before, when using the S-Health app. I did a soft reset and was thinking about doing a factory reset, but I don't feel like backing up everything and resetting my phone and features up again. Let us know if the factory reset resolve your problems.

Also, has anyone noticed a slower charging speed than usual using the USB 3.0, after the 5.1.1 update? Normally it charges pretty fast, but yesterday it took forever, but it could have been due to my usb cord not being pushed all the way in when I was charging.
    06-26-2015 08:44 PM
    The swype issue is so annoying! It takes twice as long to write anything and I have typos all the time. Any fixes coming soon or does anyone know of an app that will fix?
    Kachita likes this.
    06-29-2015 08:49 AM
    I'm italian, when it arrives in Italy I don't know if update it or not. Tell me what it changes.
    06-29-2015 02:31 PM
    The swype issue is so annoying! It takes twice as long to write anything and I have typos all the time. Any fixes coming soon or does anyone know of an app that will fix?
    I have the same issue with the keyboard. It's so annoying! Has anyone found anything out about this?
    Kachita likes this.
    07-01-2015 02:21 PM
    I updated to 5.1.1 and it screwed up my phone. The battery life is a third now, my hdmi plugin isnt working anymore and the handsfree headset doesn't work anymore. Tmobile is sending me a new phone tomorow.

07-01-2015 05:36 PM
    I updated to 5.1.1 and it screwed up my phone. The battery life is a third now, my hdmi plugin isnt working anymore and the handsfree headset doesn't work anymore. Tmobile is sending me a new phone tomorow.

My phone and battery life was screwed up when I first installed the update. As the days progressed, the bugs began to disappear, but the bettery life was bloody awful. I did a factory reset and it didn't seem to help the battery life. But, a couple days after the factory reset, the battery life suddenly bounced back and even got better. I don't know if it is attributed to the factory reset, or as someone else posted, that the OS sometimes settles, after a few days? (I also allowed the battery to drain completely, then removed the battery for a few minutes and then recharged) All the bugs are gone, the battery life is better than 5.0 and the phone runs smoothly.
    07-02-2015 11:44 AM
    My phone and battery life was screwed up when I first installed the update. As the days progressed, the bugs began to disappear, but the bettery life was bloody awful. I did a factory reset and it didn't seem to help the battery life. But, a couple days after the factory reset, the battery life suddenly bounced back and even got better. I don't know if it is attributed to the factory reset, or as someone else posted, that the OS sometimes settles, after a few days? (I also allowed the battery to drain completely, then removed the battery for a few minutes and then recharged) All the bugs are gone, the battery life is better than 5.0 and the phone runs smoothly.
    A bit of both... as per #1.6 and post #2 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide
    07-02-2015 12:01 PM
    I've seen no issues besides the fact that the random resetting of the phone that used to happen before the 5.0 upgrade has started back up again...
    07-02-2015 01:34 PM
    I have the same issue with the keyboard. It's so annoying! Has anyone found anything out about this?
    i do too help!
    07-02-2015 01:53 PM
73 123