galaxy s5 voice to text transcribes everything twice

rickystambach

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I have the Galaxy s5 from Sprint and using Android version 5.0. Starting a couple of weeks ago when I use speech to text in the texting app it will transcribe everything twice. If I speak a sentence it will transcribe it then after a few seconds it transcribes it again.

jkayakj

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea my phone does the same thing, gs5 on sprint (it also did it before lollipop on my phone at least) it happens ~10-15% of the time whenever I use dictation. My solution now is to just pause dictation after I send a message. No idea what's causing it to double the text on a delay though.

What keyboard do you use? I use SwiftKey and if you use that too maybe it's related to the keyboard somehow?

Hopefully someone else has a solution :/

Posted via the Android Central App

jashehan

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Yea my phone does the same thing, gs5 on sprint (it also did it before lollipop on my phone at least) it happens ~10-15% of the time whenever I use dictation. My solution now is to just pause dictation after I send a message. No idea what's causing it to double the text on a delay though.

What keyboard do you use? I use SwiftKey and if you use that too maybe it's related to the keyboard somehow?

Hopefully someone else has a solution :/

Posted via the Android Central App

jashehan

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S5 Active and mine does the same thing every time if I do not pause the microphone button. It used to not do this, not sure why its doing it now.(if you press the microphone button for it to transcribe your voice message, it transcribes it and then if you do not press the button it will transcribe it again before or after you send a message it does it both ways). I really hope they find a fix for it soon it is very annoying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63