How can I get my Twitter push notifications working?

mikek7

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Twitter puh notifications not working

Hi Guys,

I have been having an issue with my twitter push notifications that is pretty maddening. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. For instance they always show in the twitter app when I get a new notification BUT the notification sound does not go off and it does not show in the phones notification bar like it used to (which is the most important part IMO). The crazy thing is, it does seem to work when certain people at me or DM me. Others it just does what I described above. I've tried revoking access, uninstall/reinstall, I have even tried resetting to the phone to factory settings. I don't know what else to do anymore. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: push notifications for twitter not working. please help. they are enabled.

Hi Guys,

I have been having an issue with my twitter push notifications that is pretty maddening. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. For instance they always show in the twitter app when I get a new notification BUT the notification sound does not go off and it does not show in the phones notification bar like it used to (which is the most important part IMO). The crazy thing is, it does seem to work when certain people at me or DM me. Others it just does what I described above. I've tried revoking access, uninstall/reinstall, I have even tried resetting to the phone to factory settings. I don't know what else to do anymore. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Check through your Twitter settings to make sure notifications is enabled and that you have the appropriate settings enabled.

You can do this by opening the Twitter app > menu > settings > @your account. Let us know if you have any further questions.

mikek7

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: Twitter puh notifications not working

Screenshot_2015-06-22-12-17-31.jpg

that's a screen shot of my settings. I'm pretty sure everything is enabled correctly. The maddening thing about all this is when certain people tweet me it works fine. Then others it doesn't work at all. It's very strange and driving me nuts.

lauried1079

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Twitter puh notifications not working

View attachment 182994

that's a screen shot of my settings. I'm pretty sure everything is enabled correctly. The maddening thing about all this is when certain people tweet me it works fine. Then others it doesn't work at all. It's very strange and driving me nuts.

I've wondered about this for a few months. Did you ever find a solution?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7