How can I get my landscape/portrait screen rotation effect working?

GoldenMolden

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
landscape/portrait screen rotation effect not working

Galaxy S5/Verizon/Lollipop 5.0

When viewing photos, videos, websites, etc. my phone used to smoothly rotate the screen from portrait to landscape view (and vice versa) as a single "window". So as I'd tilt the phone and whatever I was viewing would remain on the screen and rotate with the phone. All smartphones have this effect so I hope I'm explaining it clearly. Now it doesn't have that rotating effect any more. I can still view things in portrait and landscape, but instead of rotating with the phone as I tilt it, whatever I'm looking at on the screen disappears from one view and reappears in the other. Although the functionality is still there, the look and feel and overall experience is diminished.

I've checked the settings and screen rotation is turned off. I've turned it on and off while rotating the screen and the problem remains. I've powered down my phone and removed the battery a bunch of times and nothing's changed. I even reset the phone in safe mode and that didn't work either. Is there another setting that turns this effect on and off? This problem just appeared out of the blue the other day.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: landscape/portrait screen rotation effect not working

When viewing photos, videos, websites, etc. my phone used to smoothly rotate the screen from portrait to landscape view (and vice versa) as a single "window". So as I'd tilt the phone and whatever I was viewing would remain on the screen and rotate with the phone. All smartphones have this effect so I hope I'm explaining it clearly. Now it doesn't have that rotating effect any more. I can still view things in portrait and landscape, but instead of rotating with the phone as I tilt it, whatever I'm looking at on the screen disappears from one view and reappears in the other. Although the functionality is still there, the look and feel and overall experience is diminished.

I've checked the settings and screen rotation is turned off. I've turned it on and off while rotating the screen and the problem remains. I've powered down my phone and removed the battery a bunch of times and nothing's changed. Is there another setting that turns this effect on and off? This problem just appeared out of the blue the other day.

Working fine on the stock Gallery on the worldwide G900F. Could be a lack of RAM on older versions of Verizon's Lollipop that is causing this, unless Verizon have modified or substituted the stock Samsung Gallery. Which of the 3 versions of the Verizon Lollipop are you on?

GoldenMolden

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

I'm on Verizon Lollipop 5.0, model SM-G900V, baseband version G900VVRU1BOC4, Kernel version 3.4.0, hardware version G900V.05. I don't know if any of that's useful but there you go.

Alifrm71

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site

I've checked the settings and screen rotation is turned off. I've turned it on and off while rotating the screen and the problem remains. I've powered down my phone and removed the battery a bunch of times and nothing's changed. I even reset the phone in safe mode and that didn't work either. Is there another setting that turns this effect on and off? This problem just appeared out of the blue the other day.

Alifrm71

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site

Hi , do this cases to fix your problem , in fact it isnt a problem.
1.go to Settings
2.find Developer Options
3.in Drawing title find Transition animation scale
4.if it was off change it to 1X scale
Your problem fix