Hi, I would like to do a factory reset on my Galaxy s5. While attempting to back-up files on my SD card I realized...I don't have an SD card. The problem with this is that my device shows many apps installed on the SD card (Settings->Device->Applications->Application manager shows apps on SD card).

There is nothing in the microSD card slot above the SIM card slot on the back of my phone. Is there another location for an SD card that I am not aware of and not seeing? If not, how is my phone reading that there are apps stored on the SD card when there is no SD card? Any help would be much appreciated.
    06-24-2015 03:49 PM
    In the sd card list under applications, apps are only on the sd card If the check box for the individual app is filled in.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-24-2015 04:41 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I'm the OP but had to get a new screen name to respond to your post.

I see that the check boxes aren't filled in, which is very interesting. If those apps aren't on the SD card, my questions are:

1) Why the heck are they listed under the SD Card list in the first place? More importantly:
    2) If these files aren't on an SD card, why can't I access the app folders via Windows Explorer when I am browsing my phones files when linked with my laptop? There is no sign of all the apps that say they are on the SD card, no folders to access them.

Thanks again for any responses, I'd really like to do this reset soon so I appreciate it!
    06-24-2015 04:51 PM
    Apps are listed under sd card as they are the apps than CAN be moved to sd card. It's a list of candidates.

I'm not sure why you can't access the app files in main storage. I only know that it works for me using Windows 8.1.

06-24-2015 05:27 PM
    My app files are listed in the Android directory under Phone in Windows Explorer.

06-24-2015 05:40 PM
    sdcard is part of the internal storage of the device. extSdCard is the external card you plug in (if you had one). (Don't blame me, I don't work for Google.)
    06-24-2015 06:01 PM