Why aren't my pictures on my Internal Memory showing in the Gallery, only in my files?

Alkatic

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem, and I was really happy that I found the nomedia file on my SD card as you suggested.... however coming back to Gallery, still no sign of photos (specifically only from the Camera, the rest [screenshots, downloads, WhatApp etc. are all there]).
I can only open them in My Files.
Anyone has any update on this, please?
If yes, could you let us know? I tried everything suggested here, but no luck so far. :'(

Louise Peart

May 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi this is super important!
Last night I deleted some files such as my whatsapp and snapchat photos on my internal memory.
I tried all sorts of app and I retrieved the files back but there's no content in them at all
Is there anything I can do to get my photos back?

Tanveer Bajwa

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
How to copy files to see directly in Gallery

To copy your files on SD card and see them in gallery
connect your cell phone with usb cable to your pc
select file transfer on your mobile once connected to pc(it will ask on your cell phone screen)
Open your sd card
go to DCIM
go to camera
Paste all your photos here
you will see your files in gallery once the photos are pasted
PS;Do not copy the pics in any folder under Camera,just paste them in Camera folder,do not create any subfolder.

GG Woodburn

Dec 9, 2017
Visit site
Ok i managed to fix this problem on my galaxy s5 running stock EE lollipop. All of my internal memory items stopped showing in gallery and the only way i could get them to show was to move the items to sd card but after a bit of reading and thinking i fixed it by going to>my files>phone memory then pressing the 3 dots on top right>settings>show hidden files>tthen go back to phone memory and delete the file called ".nomedia". Then i opened gallery and everything was showing up again. Hope this helps as i just signed up to pass on this info. Thanks for reading and good luck

Ive deleted every .nomedia file and nothing happened.

Maverick2018

Dec 15, 2017
Visit site
Re: How to copy files to see directly in Gallery

The best thing i did was deleted all .no media file but it didnt work then i deleted all the dot ending file..then i got all my pics in gallary once again..but along with that i also got some unwanted crap..which i had to delete manually..!!

Afiamani

Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
Re: How to copy files to see directly in Gallery

Also double check to make sure the date on your phone wasn't changed and that your device is synced to the correct date.

Technical Chaudhary

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
I am using an video editor powerdirector when i produce a video from it the video will produce successfully but it is not appearing on gallery please help me android central

EaglesSince1960

May 19, 2018
Visit site
devmau53 solved it for me.
Go to my files app and choose device storage. Select the three dots in upper right corner. Select settings. Check box marked "Show hidden files". Scroll down through all the files in device storage. At the bottom you will find the hidden files. They start with a dot. One may be dot no media. Delete all these files, even if.no media isn't there.
I had about four of these files, including .no media. I just deleted
.no media, but it didn't help. Went back and deleted all the hidden files starting with a dot, and it worked.
Good luck.

Yea, heavy and a bottle of bread.

EaglesSince1960

May 19, 2018
Visit site
Found mine on the SD card. Somebody make an app to auto-delete these .no media files, please. Pack up the meat, sweet, we're headin' out
For Wichita in a pile of fruit ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde