Backup! Backup! Backup! NOW!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm already in a no-root situation on my AT&T S5. Last carrier phone I'll ever own. I keep loading up the Nexus 6P ordering page and then closing it. Wonder if we'll see another Nexus release this year with an 820 Snapdragon and an S7-class camera.

TOP TIP: The stock Global, unbranded, S7 and S7 Edge, G930F and G935F, are fully compatible with AT&T's GSM network and have unlocked bootloaders, no carrier bloatware and will receive the latest updates and more of them, a lot quicker.

Of course, you will miss out on these exciting, extra, AT&T features baked into their, "cloneware"...

AT&T Locker: Cloud storage from AT&T.

AT&T Protect Plus: Cloud backups, device locator and "Pro Tech support."

Device Help: Essentially a wrapper for the att.com help pages

DirecTV: AT&T purchased satellite TV company DirecTV in 2015, and now their app is right here for you

Drive Mode: Sets auto-replies to texts and calls straight to voicemail when moving faster than 25 mph

myAT&T: Access your AT&T account

Plenti: A rewards program in conjunction with Exxon, Macy's Hulu, and others

Smart Limits: Parental controls on times, calls, data, and more

Usage Manager: Track data usage by app

Visual Voicemail: View your voicemails with your eyeballs

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes I've looked at the SM-G930F and importers are still slapping a premium price on it. It looks like the early adopter fleecing has stopped as I found it for $699 from a few reputable sellers.

I'm sure the next Nexus will have a Snapdragon 820 (which solves the heat/throttling problems of the 5X/6P) and maybe a better camera. It looks like they release a Nexus every October/November. Hmmm!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Recovering your files for some mistaken deletion is now easy to come back because there are a lot of tools that are available in the market for you to make your android or iphone have a safer recovery just try this data recovery tool for you to have a safer data and a safer life to live ;)

See more:
Recover deleted whatsapp messages from iphone

The link states... "Supported iOS Device: iPhone 6S/6/5S/4S/3GS, iPad/iPad Mini/iPad Air and iPod Touch". Nothing about Android devices, there. Besides, Whatsapp has an automatic chat backup in... Settings > Chats > Chat backup

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Which of the main stream back-up methods does texts and app data? I need to do a factory reset to get the Verizon S5 update apparently since my phone is not finding it. I have media backed up but really hate to lose all the app data and my texts. and it would be nice if all my screen layouts remained
Thanks
Verizon S5
RU2BPB1
USA

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
another question. When I Look at my phone from a PC, I see a list of all kinds of folders. If I copied the entire list of folders (and underlying files of course) and then after resetting the phone, copied them back and overwrote any duplicates would that effectively restore the phone and all apps and data. And here is the important part, would that in effect put the phone back to where it was before the reset and negate that. So then I would ask what folders/files would I need to get back all texts and app data but not wipe out the benefits of the reset
Thanks for all your help. I have multiple copies of media, google has contacts and photos too so the essentials are done. due to work requirements the phone and SD card are encrypted so a reset wipes out my sd card too so saving stuff to that doesn't help

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
another question. When I Look at my phone from a PC, I see a list of all kinds of folders. If I copied the entire list of folders (and underlying files of course) and then after resetting the phone, copied them back and overwrote any duplicates would that effectively restore the phone and all apps and data. And here is the important part, would that in effect put the phone back to where it was before the reset and negate that. So then I would ask what folders/files would I need to get back all texts and app data but not wipe out the benefits of the reset
Thanks for all your help. I have multiple copies of media, google has contacts and photos too so the essentials are done. due to work requirements the phone and SD card are encrypted so a reset wipes out my sd card too so saving stuff to that doesn't help

Unless you are rooted, you will not be seeing any of the phone's /system files. Also, if you are moving platforms, say, Lollipop to Marshmallow, the file system setup can change and copying back previous phone related files could bork your phone.

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Unless you are rooted, you will not be seeing any of the phone's /system files. Also, if you are moving platforms, say, Lollipop to Marshmallow, the file system setup can change and copying back previous phone related files could bork your phone.

Thank you, this is why I asked question, appreciate your response, so does any back method/system back up application data , text messages etc.
Not worried about media, contacts or email that still sits on the ordinal servers plus I backed up that stuff to my PC

Verizon S5
RU2BPB1
USA

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Update to my last post. I found Feldon's thread on factory reset and followed the instructions on back-up. Primarily I wanted app data and texts since media was all backed up anyway. Smart switch worked fine, neither Titanium or Helium worked. Titanium wanted root access which I don't have (Verizon) and Helium just failed I did enable all the USB debugging and drivers suggested.

the SMS Back seems to have worked fine

Much appreciated all the great stuff you do and others on these threads

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Helium has a really strange method of connecting to the computer now. It's absurd. And honestly after running it, I didn't find that it had actually done much of anything. Every app on the phone that I installed had no data. I was particularly annoyed with losing everything from Swype Keyboard. Now I'm using their cloud service.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon