Hi There:
    I have just bought an S5 and I am trying to transfer music over from my iMac. I've downloaded Android File Transfer, and deleted Kies (as I had read that I should do), but each time I try to connect the phone to the computer, I keep getting a message on the computer saying that the phone won't connect and I should try reconnecting or restarting. I've done both of these things, but I still haven't been able to connect successfully once.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    06-28-2015 06:42 AM
    Hi There:
    I have just bought an S5 and I am trying to transfer music over from my iMac. I've downloaded Android File Transfer, and deleted Kies (as I had read that I should do), but each time I try to connect the phone to the computer, I keep getting a message on the computer saying that the phone won't connect and I should try reconnecting or restarting. I've done both of these things, but I still haven't been able to connect successfully once.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Welcome to Android Central!

When the Mac tries to connect to the phone does it ask the phone for permission with a pop up?
    07-01-2015 12:47 PM
    I still haven't been able to connect successfully once.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    I feel your pain. 😨 I also have an iMac and have experienced the same problem.
    One thing that may help is to make sure USB debugging is activated. To do this you first need to open developer options.
    Go into settings, about device, and tap "build number" seven times or more. This will open developer options. Scroll down and check USB debugging box.
    It still will be a bear to activate Android file manager, but if you persist, you will get there. Hope this helps. 😎

Yea, heavy and a bottle of bread.
    07-01-2015 03:36 PM