New Verizon Update for S5 G900V

Drunder40

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Just checked for an update and there is one now waiting for me to download. Will do when I get home. Verizon SW update page gives it a version of
B0E1..

Drunder40

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
It does say on the update page it does provide some performance enhancements.... Can't imagine what they are and why don't they just come out and say which performance enhancements they actually made.. Like it is a secret.

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Nothing earth shattering that I can see. Don't see a Samsung App Store icon in the app drawer. There is a Galaxy Essentials widget, but that was there before. Version bump as mentioned above, otherwise...

kwheaties

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Just installed and the only thing I noticed so far is the volume (mute, vibrate, etc) menu is the Kit Kat style and the priority settings are gone...

Still no flashlight setting in the notification panel!!

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm reticent... What if they F it up even more? I don't want to upgrade. The features this update brings are useless to me

Posted via the Android Central App

JMUhcky01

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I installed on my phone. I can finally use the fingerprint scanner in conjunction with having my corporate e-mail setup, which was not previously possible. Also, I noticed an increase in available storage by close to 1 GB.

wesandnic

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen the update. Are they roilling it out bv area? I tried both threw Kies and OTA. Anyone know? I am in Nashville,

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the update last night. While nothing Earth shattering, the two key differences I've noticed are mute and priority now function more like KitKat and battery life is seemingly improved. On a related point, the phone never gets hot, so maybe that's tied into some internal performance improvements.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
For those who don't see the update, just go to settings, system updates and check for updates.... It'll be there, I know, I checked yesterday

Posted via the Android Central App