Hello,

Recently I dropped my Samsung S5 into a swimming pool. Luckily, after patiently sitting it in Rice for a week or two and replacing the battery, it is working perfectly again.

Apart from one point - whenever I try to make or take calls the phone immediately crashes and then reboots - I have tried putting the phone into safe mode and the issue persists. I can't understand how the rest of the phone could be working perfectly (texts, internet, audio, etc.) but the calls are causing crashes?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
    07-07-2015 06:42 AM
    Hello,

Recently I dropped my Samsung S5 into a swimming pool. Luckily, after patiently sitting it in Rice for a week or two and replacing the battery, it is working perfectly again.

Apart from one point - whenever I try to make or take calls the phone immediately crashes and then reboots - I have tried putting the phone into safe mode and the issue persists. I can't understand how the rest of the phone could be working perfectly (texts, internet, audio, etc.) but the calls are causing crashes?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
    Welcome to Android Central!

The radio portion could have been damaged and when you make a call it is causing some kind of short.
    07-10-2015 12:08 PM