Verizon gs5 verizon update

pfm002

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
I just created an account to ask the same question lol. I've learned to wait for reviews for it after my experience with 5.0.

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Did the update and once again smart lock does not seem to be working, otherwise no issues but I know I don't push the phone too much or access all of its features

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
While "minor" to most, this really helped me with the fingerprint feature I wasn't able to utilize before (because of my locked work account/email) - so that alone made this highly valuable to me personally. I also am experiencing improved battery life since the update last week. Phone is running very smoothly overall and honestly best since when I bought it over a year ago.

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
While "minor" to most, this really helped me with the fingerprint feature I wasn't able to utilize before (because of my locked work account/email) - so that alone made this highly valuable to me personally. I also am experiencing improved battery life since the update last week. Phone is running very smoothly overall and honestly best since when I bought it over a year ago.
It's running super smooth and fast for me! I also agree that the battery is better than it was.

The only bad thing I've noticed is the automatic brightness of the screen does not dim nearly as much as it used to, and the screen is not as aggressive at switching to "outdoor mode" when it should.

Mark Kennedy4

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Got the update last week thought it would be lollipop 5.1 but was very disappointed. Only change I've noticed was that the album artwork doesn't show up on lock screen when playing music and the lock symbol is moved to the bottom middle on lock screen. Probably a glitch. Useless update.

Posted via the Android Central App

SDiana97

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Got this update yesterday. It killed the 32Gb SD card, and the battery is draining much faster now. The SD card won't even be recognized by my PC. Most of my pics were on this card, not to mention the cost of replacement. Anyone else having similar issues?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Got this update yesterday. It killed the 32Gb SD card, and the battery is draining much faster now. The SD card won't even be recognized by my PC. Most of my pics were on this card, not to mention the cost of replacement. Anyone else having similar issues?

Have you at least wiped your cache partition or taken any of the other steps in S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide. You could copy the info from your SD card to a PC and then format the card in the phone and copy your data back.

SDiana97

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I took the SD card out and tried to recover the data using my PC, and the card is dead. The PC won't even acknowledge that the card is present. Verified that the reader and PC is working properly, by placing a 16Gb card in the reader. The PC read that one just fine. But, the 32Gb, that came from the GS5 is completely dead. That card was only a month old. Thanks Verizon!

Toto39

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I took the SD card out and tried to recover the data using my PC, and the card is dead. The PC won't even acknowledge that the card is present. Verified that the reader and PC is working properly, by placing a 16Gb card in the reader. The PC read that one just fine. But, the 32Gb, that came from the GS5 is completely dead. That card was only a month old. Thanks Verizon!
Did you try using Chkdsk on your SDcard from your PC? It can fix errors or corruption on the SDcard and possibly allow you to recover it.

IBMJunkman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
The timer that controls silencing notifications got turned off. When I turned it on again the indicator changed from a white dot next to the wifi strength indicator to a circle with a line through it on the far left side of the notification area.

SDiana97

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Did you try using Chkdsk on your SDcard from your PC? It can fix errors or corruption on the SDcard and possibly allow you to recover it.

Again, the PC doesn't acknowledge that there is an SD card present. I can't run a CHKDSK on a drive that isn't being seen by the PC.

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Again, the PC doesn't acknowledge that there is an SD card present. I can't run a CHKDSK on a drive that isn't being seen by the PC.

Try section 4 here:

https://sites.google.com/site/picas.../picasa/troubleshooting/how-to-recover-photos

It's never a great idea to depend on an SD card for bulletproof reliable file storage. I've had two straight up die for no apparent reason, though the one I have in this S5 is over 4 years old and is the one that my Droid Charge came with. You get free full resolution (16Mp) photo storage thru the Google photos app...

Posted via the Android Central App

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I got the update. Alarms are now audible when on silent. Also there is about 1gb more free space after the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463