Cut and paste

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy s5 smartphone, Verizon edition. When I copy, then try to paste in another text box, I have to enter 2 null characters before I can Paste in the text area of the new location. Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong? Why can't I Paste in the blank text area without entering the null characters first? Thanks.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What null characters do you mean? That shouldn't be happening, regardless. Is it plain text you're copying, or are there any special characters? What area are you trying to paste in?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
When I said no characters, I meant any characters. I have not been able to copy text in the empty text box without entering some type of characters, usually one or two meaningless characters.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In the text area where you want to paste, tap it first so that the keyboard comes up, then long-press to try to paste (as opposed to trying to paste without having the keyboard visible). Does that work?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
You came through for me again. I had already brought up the keyboard but I wasn't long pressing on the field. Long processing gave me the paste icon. Thanks so much