07-18-2019 07:01 AM
32 12
tools
    Im having the same issue. Connects fine on all laptop devices except mobile phones. Reset modem, changed channels, rebooted fibre box, and then it works for a day before everything slows down again. I will give the bandwidth option a go and see if that solves my issue :/
    i think i solved it.

first , i go to router settings
    then
    >security settings
    >lan ip filter

i just uncheck ''ip filter''
    03-01-2019 03:20 AM
    I registered here just so I can post this solution, since so many people are facing this issue and this page pops up near the top of related Google searches.

In most cases, connectivity issues on Android are caused by anti-virus app which has modified the phone's settings (frequently long after you installed the app). As such, before anyone tinkers with their internet or router settings, please uninstall any anti-virus/security app first. In most instances, this will immediately solve the problem.

Good luck!
    03-14-2019 04:50 PM
    I have an iPhone and took out the sims card and put it back and viola! WiFi working again.
    06-03-2019 01:28 PM
    just change the username of your wifi router and it will work same happened with me
    hi, yes i tried that, worked the first time, but then it happened again, ao it didn't work the second time 😭
    06-26-2019 12:48 AM
    An old post but if you haven't fixed it change your IP settings from DHCP to static and manually change your IP address to what it is. This worked for me
    my ip address is unavailable
    06-26-2019 01:19 AM
    Setting a manual IP address (it's called a static IP) won't work unless you know what you're doing, or you're lucky.

Changing the username (the SSID) only works if your phone connected to another router with that SSID, but different security settings.

And the SIM (not SIMS) card has nothing to do with WiFi,

Not being able to connect to Wifi isn't something easily diagnosed online (and connecting but not getting an internet connection is even more difficult). Read Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems for some ideas. (That doesn't cover everything, but it might cover the problems that some people are having. There are more problems than can be put into a simple "do this" guide.)
    07-01-2019 02:51 PM
    I would like to leave my 50 cents.

Several options have been given, and all may work in their respective cases, I just want to add another one that I think may be the issue in some cases.

If you are using a second modem/router as a slave to extend the reach of wifi, and both SSID (the name of the wifi) are different, and you connected to both at some point, then what is happening is simple interference (it's the same wifi with 2 names, and your phone has access to both, kind of confusing, isn't it?)

Just "Forget" one of them and the other one will start connecting like charm.

P.S.

To know if this is your case, it's likely that when you connect to the main modem, everything runs ok, but when you connect to the extensor, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't have internet, but there are no issues with connecting or with the signal strength, it's just not having internet on your phone.
    07-18-2019 07:01 AM
32 12