Unlocked AT&T, but now what...

c131frdave

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Full disclosure- I'm a noob. I'm fairly tech savvy, but a noob with the Android operating system.

I got a S5 active for work, but it used to be an AT&T phone. It is unlocked and I'm using another service provider (which is piggybacking on T-Mobile). The problem is, it's running 4.4 and I'm told it should be updated to 5.1 (I think). The AT&T updater is trying to update, but it seems to be stuck- I assume because there is no AT&T SIM card in it.

To be honest, I'd like to get rid of the ATT stuff on the phone all together, and then update the operating system like it was a fresh phone. I know it's possible, but there's no stickies in this forum about noob questions like this, so I thought I'd post.

Thanks!

ggitech

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I tried Kingroot, Taproot, OneClickRoot, with no luck.
I too would like to get rid of the bloat, or even move to CM.....but I don't see there is any forward traction, and most posts are stale....

Anyone know anything?

ggitech

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Appreciate the reply, what about downgrade to 4.4.2?

I also appreciate the way you filet folks for stupid questions, know that I have done a bunch of research, but can't find if downgrade works or anyone that has done it. The phone from ATT came with 4.4.2 at one point, then was shipped with 5.x
In my case, 4.4.2 was sent back under warranty, and a 5 lolicrap came back...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000