08-08-2017 05:35 AM
218 1234 ...
tools
    Have we discussed this before? It seems to be a familiar question ...

Where are the photos stored--locally, or in the cloud? If they're locally stored, they should automatically populate in the Gallery, as long as the directory where they're stored (or any parent directory) doesn't contain a ".nomedia" file. If the photos aren't appearing in Gallery, you might have to go to the App Manager, select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Then open it again, and wait a few seconds while the database rebuilds. Are the photos there now?
    01-13-2015 07:24 PM
    01-13-2015 07:29 PM
    There is no options to turn off data In my settings. I did notice that sync in my Google accounts is turned off. How do I get sync turned back on? That may be my problem.

Mario Samsung S5
    01-14-2015 07:56 AM
    I'm not talking about turning off data. I'm talking about going to Settings>App Manager, tapping on Gallery, and then tapping on the button that says "Clear Data."

For the sync issue, first make sure Auto Sync is on. This is most easily done by swiping down the Quick Settings and making sure the Sync button is on. Then go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and make sure everything that you want to sync is checked on.
    01-14-2015 10:43 AM
    I've done all that. When I go to SETTINGS. APPLICATION . GALLERY, the accounts are not synced. Under the Accounts settings, they are synced. What am I missing here? I don't have an option to clear the cache.

Mario Samsung S5 Verizon version
    01-14-2015 11:50 AM
    There are no sync settings in Settings>App Manager>Gallery. That's where you should see the App Info page, showing the Clear Data and Clear Cache buttons. On the S5, another way to get there is to tap the Apps icon to open your App Drawer, then long-press the Gallery app and drag it to the App Info area at the top of the screen. See the example below (although the image I found on the web was for the Memo app).

Google photos problem-disable-app-via-app-info-icon-apps-menu-galaxy-s5.jpg

Sorry if the steps I gave were not entirely correct for the S5--I wish different manufacturers wouldn't change system menus so much, compared to vanilla Android.
    01-14-2015 06:29 PM
    I've taken all the steps you have suggested and the PHOTOS are still in the PHOTOS folder and the photos are still in the GALLERY.They are still separate. I read that Android 5.0 will consolidate these folders. I'll wait for the upgrade to see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for your help.

01-15-2015 07:07 AM
    I've taken all the steps you have suggested and the PHOTOS are still in the PHOTOS folder and the photos are still in the GALLERY.They are still separate. I read that Android 5.0 will consolidate these folders. I'll wait for the upgrade to see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for your help.

But the pics in the PHOTOS should already be consolidated with the gallery unless you cut off the syncing. I'm not understanding how you have different pics in the gallery and photos.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-15-2015 07:24 AM
    I don't know what the problem is with photos in both in the gallery and in photos, but it may be in the syncing. How do i sync the files. Thanks for your help again

01-15-2015 02:26 PM
    How do I move pictures from the PHOTOS Folder to the GALLERY folder.

02-08-2015 12:59 PM
    There's no Gallery folder. Gallery shows all the pictures that Media Scanner detects on the phone. If you want Gallery folder, create one, then move your pictures to it. Gallery will still show all pictures on the phone that Media Scanner finds. (That's just how Android works - there's nothing you can do about it except put a file named .nomedia [any or no content - it's the name that does it] into any folder you don't want detected.)
    02-08-2015 05:20 PM
    There's no Gallery folder. Gallery shows all the pictures that Media Scanner detects on the phone. If you want Gallery folder, create one, then move your pictures to it. Gallery will still show all pictures on the phone that Media Scanner finds. (That's just how Android works - there's nothing you can do about it except put a file named .nomedia [any or no content - it's the name that does it] into any folder you don't want detected.)
    I used a file manager to look for the folder that stores PHOTOS but I can't find it. Why doesn't the scan operation find the photographs stored in the PHOTOS Folder and move them to the GALLERY.

02-08-2015 07:24 PM
    How do I move pictures from the PHOTOS Folder to the GALLERY folder.

02-09-2015 07:15 AM
    You keep asking this and I don't think there is a way to do what you want to do.

02-09-2015 07:38 AM
    I was hoping someone will reply with a workaround. When I try to use the share command, it does not include the gallery. I thought maybe if we drop them in Dropbox and then from dropbox to the gallery, it would work. I guess not. Thanks for your help and your patience

02-09-2015 12:52 PM
    Has anyone ever placed photos on their SD card, and taken it to walgreens for developing?

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon network

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon network
    03-21-2015 05:15 PM
    It should be pretty easy to do. Do you have a specific question about the process?
    03-21-2015 06:54 PM
    Yes. Can I remove the SD card and take it to walgreens? Will it read the card just like the one from a digital camera?
    03-22-2015 05:47 AM
    Yes, you should be able to do that. Remember to unmount the card before you remove it. The Unmount option is in Settings>Storage. Then you'll need a full-size SD card adapter, since I would guess that those kiosk machines don't take microSD cards. Once you insert the card into the kiosk, it should prompt you to select the folder with the pictures--look for the DCIM/Camera folder.
    Rukbat likes this.
    03-22-2015 12:19 PM
    Can anyone tell me which photographs are stored on the Samsung smartphone s5. I have two sets of pictures. One set on the Gallery.And the other in Photos. Which ones are stored on the Cloud, if any.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0
    05-30-2015 09:32 AM
    I've been fooling with the new Google photo app since it was released a few days ago. I have just one question. How can I find out what photos are stored directly on my smartphone as compared to what stored in the cloud. Anyone have that answer? Thanks

06-01-2015 09:39 AM
    Swipe in from the left and tap Device Folders.
    06-01-2015 12:14 PM
    Can anyone tell me how photographs are stored on the Samsung smartphone s5. I have two sets of pictures. One set in the Gallery, the duplicate others in the new Google Photos. Which ones are stored on the Cloud, or on the device? Thanks.

06-02-2015 10:17 AM
    Photos that are saved locally are on Internal Storage, usually in the /storage/sdcard0/DCIM/Camera directory. The system's Media Scanner periodically scans the entire storage area for media files (photos, videos, music) and adds those files to the gallery or music databases so that they show up in whatever Gallery app or Music app that you use. So the files aren't actually stored in those apps--the apps just know where to look to access the files.

The stock Gallery and the Google+ Photos apps usually can access the same photos, whether they're saved locally or in your Google+ Photos cloud. However, on some phones, the stock Gallery can only show locally saved photos.

In the Photos app, you can specify to view only locally saved photos by swiping in from the left and tapping Device Folders.
    06-02-2015 11:11 AM
    I now have the new Google photos which states that they do an automatic backup. Can I close out the Google Plus backup? Thanks

06-03-2015 09:36 AM
218 1234 ...