Google photos problem

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Move files from photos to gallery

How do I move items from the Photos album to the Gallery.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Move files from photos to gallery

Umm.. The albums are in the gallery.

Do you have your gallery set to show albums and not "today" only?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

They are 2 separate apps. I don't want to have to move between them to get to all my photos.

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

They are 2 separate apps. I don't want to have to move between them to get to all my photos.

You shouldn't have to move between them. They both show all the photos on your phone.. They just have slightly different layouts..

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Check the 3 lines, top left of the gallery when open. Tap on Album. It will then say Album next to that hamburger menu button. All pictures will show up there, including burst shots which are stored on your phone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

This is how the menu will look when opened. When the menu is closed, "Gallery" at the top will said "Album".

Attachments

• 1417754486438.jpg
    1417754486438.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 44

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Apparently our Systems are not the same. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. The photos in the PHOTOS are separate from the Gallery and don't have a way to move photos from one folder to another. Any other suggestions?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Gallery will show all photos on your phone regardless of what folder they reside under unless that folder contains a file named .nomedia

use a File Manager to look at the filenames in those folders and you find a file named .nomedia you have just found the reason Gallery is not showing anything in that folder.

If you click on an image file and it comes up in the file manager, but not in the Gallery, delete that .nomedia file and then the images will show.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

My system is not rooted. I have a file with a extention of nomedia. It's empty but I can't delete it.

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Go to settings-easy mode and see which is ticked. You want standard mode ticked.. This will then allow you to have more options..

thecomicbookandme

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
The photos in the PHOTOS are separate from the Gallery
"Gallery" is the Samsung photo app. These pix are stored in the device, either in "device storage", or on a separate SD card.
"Photos "is the Google photo app and utilizes cloud storage.
You can retrieve lost photos from Google by using your Google membership.
You can move pictures from the "Photos "app by utilizing the three dot selection bar in the upper right corner. Select what you want, and use the triangular shaped transfer to put them in the" Picasa" folder. That should make them show up in your Gallery.

Last edited:

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google messenger send photos

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Google messenger. I can place a picture for sending, but it won't send the photo. It shows a red x and asks to download. Is there a size limitation on files? Do I need another text messaging program that will allow me to transfer photos or is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google messenger send photos

Right. Do I need hangouts to send photos? What is the problem? Is it file size.? Why can't I use messenger? Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Problem is solved. You will must Turn off WIFI and turn on data in order to send photos. It makes no sense but it works. Thanks for your help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I was just surprised messenger still works.
Thanks for posting you solution.
From an AOSP M8

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google photos not backing up

When I back up to the cloud, all the photos in the gallery app copy. Pictures listed in the photos album do not. What should I do.

Mario Samsung S5