New S5 , gets super hot starting from 2 minutes of use. Is this normal?

A

AC Question

New s5 , gets super hot starting from 2 minutes of use

I just got a NEW s5 galaxy , since i got it , it gets super hot, after just two minutes of use, it hurts to touch it with my fingers. I used text, whats ap and instagram . and I had to put the phone down to cool off. ATT seems to say its normal. How are they allowing consumers to burn their fingers just to send a text?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: New s5 , gets super hot starting from 2 minutes of use

Bring it to a different AT&T store - it's not normal. (Neither is anyone telling you it is - they're abnormal.)

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

... that's not normal. Try clearing cache, remove the battery for about 30 seconds and reboot.

Posted via the Android Central App

pstreck1

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

If you are on Lollipop; it's the new normal. It isn't supposed to be but if they say it enough times they'll start believing themselves. Clearing cache, restarting and looking at running applications and battery usage can help identify the culprit(s). Unfortunately for me it's always an Android process I can't force stop. My understanding is that it's not particularly a carrier specific issue but rather a Google/Samsung issue; the providers are left to deal with the mess.

Kelly L

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

That's not normal at all. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 with lollipop and it does not act like that. Every phone can get warm with heavy use but nothing like what your describing in that short time. It's new take it back!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante