Why can't I update to 5.0 on my Galaxy S5?

A

AC Question

cannot update to 5.0 on galaxy5

software downloads but will not install

pstreck1

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: cannot update to 5.0 on galaxy5

Consider yourself extremely lucky. You didn't get lollipop and you don't have to deal with the install update popups anymore.

It's still no where near ready for release 5-6 months after they released it. I'm sure there are some people that aren't having issues; if you meet one of them please take a picture for proof :)

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: cannot update to 5.0 on galaxy5

software downloads but will not install

Hello and welcome to Android Central AC Question!

There are a number of reasons that you may not be receiving an update from either Samsung or your carrier. Have you tried connecting your phone to the Samsung PC Suite, Kies?

Which model of Galaxy S5 do you have, (see link below)?

Consider yourself extremely lucky. You didn't get lollipop and you don't have to deal with the install update popups anymore.

It's still no where near ready for release 5-6 months after they released it. I'm sure there are some people that aren't having issues; if you meet one of them please take a picture for proof :)

Strange! There are 40 different Galaxy S5 models and Samsung have released over 500 Lollipop firmwares since Dec: 2014, see, here. The overwhelming majority of which are much better than, say, KitKat.

See, 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide, which starts with the sentence...

"Think that everyone's Samsung Galaxy S5 is the same as yours...
Think again!
"

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith