There are so many apps on my galaxy s5 that I don't know what they are for or where they came from .Like what is Smart Remote, baby crying detector, CSC and are all these hundreds of leeches necessary?
    My phone is a samsung galaxy s5 16gig running on the Verizon network.
    07-22-2015 09:46 PM
    Smart Remote is probably a programmable TV remote.

Baby Crying Detector is probably just that - if the mic picks up the sound of a baby crying, it'll alert you.

CSC is the language files for the phone.

Go to Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 5 - XDA Forums and see if anyone's posted a list of apps that can be removed safely. (Probably most of the Verizon apps, Smart Remote, unless you want to use your phone as a remote, and the baby crying app are safe to remove. CSC isn't.)

The only thing having files on your phone does is take up storage space. If you don't need any more, don't worry about it. (All of storage is filled with something, even if it's just random values. The fact that one block is filled with values that constitute an app makes no difference.) If you start running out of room for pictures, or to install apps you want, then worry about uninstalling garbage.
    07-23-2015 08:44 PM
    There are so many apps on my galaxy s5 that I don't know what they are for or where they came from .Like what is Smart Remote, baby crying detector, CSC and are all these hundreds of leeches necessary?
    My phone is a samsung galaxy s5 16gig running on the Verizon network.
    The is no doubt that the Verizon G900V firmware has the most carrier bloatware of any Galaxy S5 on the planet and Verizon are still adding more! See #1.6 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Since some of these are system apps and removing them will not increase storage. However, some can be disabled and this can save battery and improve performance.

See #1.9 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide for ways to de-bloat your phone. (#1.8 tells you how you can speed up a laggy phone)

Here is a list, albeit a year+ old, of Verizon and other U.S. carriers, bloatware...
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Bloatware Removal Guide

Also, there is now a Verizon Galaxy S5 Lollipop User Manual .pdf which may help explain some functions...

http://galaxys5guide.com/lollipop/Sa...h_language.pdf
    Thinair1911 likes this.
    07-24-2015 04:28 AM
    Sometimes an app can have background processes that may hang or run amok, and can be a drain on your battery. If you're finding you have lower battery life thank expected, that might also be a good reason to find out what apps you don't need.
    09-28-2015 07:31 AM