Lollipop 5.1.1. issues on my Galaxy S5, can I get some help?

Nada Natafgi

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Lollipop 5.1.1. issues on my galaxy S5

On my previous S5, I downloaded the lollipop 5.1.1. update (roughly about two and a half weeks ago while I was in a different country). Right after downloading it, I experienced many problems with my phone. The battery began to drain faster; the phones itself became slower; it began lagging; it overheats more; if I want to use swipe, I had to hit the spacear inbetween every word; and if I have bluetooth or pandora on, the phone lags even more and becomes much slower. Thinking it may have just been my phone, I went to T-Mobile (my service provider) and complained. They then shipped me a new phone. I recieved it today, and began playing with it, testing to see if anythign was wrong. It was perfectly fine. I once again did the lollipop 5.1.1. update, and all of the problems I listed above came back. Any help, please??

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Lollipop 5.1.1. issues on my galaxy S5

On my previous S5, I downloaded the lollipop 5.1.1. update (roughly about two and a half weeks ago while I was in a different country). Right after downloading it, I experienced many problems with my phone. The battery began to drain faster; the phones itself became slower; it began lagging; it overheats more; if I want to use swipe, I had to hit the spacear inbetween every word; and if I have bluetooth or pandora on, the phone lags even more and becomes much slower. Thinking it may have just been my phone, I went to T-Mobile (my service provider) and complained. They then shipped me a new phone. I recieved it today, and began playing with it, testing to see if anythign was wrong. It was perfectly fine. I once again did the lollipop 5.1.1. update, and all of the problems I listed above came back. Any help, please??

Did you upgrade your 'new' phone completely and then factory data reset it before signing into your Google account?

Posted via the Android Central App

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it went through the complete upgrae. How do you fatory data reset before signing in?

Basically you bypass the setup where it has you sign into your Google account...and go through the software updates from Samsung / your carrier...then factory data reset, then go through the setup process. That way you start off with a completely clean slate.

Posted via the Android Central App